Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Conversion of reports generated in oracle 6i to excel files
Conversion of reports generated in oracle 6i to excel files [message #132011] Wed, 10 August 2005 07:08 Go to next message
prathibha_1201
hello,
Please tell me how to convert reports generated in 6i to excel
file.
Re: Conversion of reports generated in oracle 6i to excel files [message #163812 is a reply to message #132011] Mon, 20 March 2006 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grasya
1. click file-> generate to file-> delimited.

2. then choose the delimiter(space, comma, tab, etc)

3. save the file name with a .csv extension (the default is .txt)

4. this generates a report with a .csv file that can be opened in excel
Re: Conversion of reports generated in oracle 6i to excel files [message #164580 is a reply to message #132011] Fri, 24 March 2006 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahmad_uaf

Hello,
u can convert report to excel generate to file delimited but the output is not properly adjustable..
I did this with a third party software which is easy to use.
You can download this software from this URL

http://www.lv2000.com/getfile.php?id=2

You first convert Report file to HTML and then convert html file to excel and output of this report is same like that of ur report even there is an image in the report.

Regards
Ahmad
Re: Conversion of reports generated in oracle 6i to excel files [message #167099 is a reply to message #164580] Tue, 11 April 2006 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
r_revathi31
Hi ahmad,

I installed the repexpert from the location given and tried to open a html file (oracle report saved as html file). I got the error "The file is not a web page (Error code 13)". Any suggestion from you is recommended.

Thanks,
R.Revathi.
Re: Conversion of reports generated in oracle 6i to excel files [message #167308 is a reply to message #167099] Wed, 12 April 2006 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahmad_uaf

hello Revathi!!

Yaar software is soo simple to use no chance of complexity.
I m currently using this software and it is working well.
check this software to some other HTML file and check the result.
Regards,
Ahmad
Re: Conversion of reports generated in oracle 6i to excel files [message #167449 is a reply to message #167308] Thu, 13 April 2006 02:05 Go to previous message
humayun116
hello Ahmad Bhai,

i used ur software and software is working very well.In case of R.Revathi, in my opinion he is not generating an html file by click file-> generate to file-> html process.he just save as rdf file to html.
Ahmad Bhai, i want to use your software direct from forms by using run_product() or other way without calling *.rdf or *.rep files.is it possible plz help me?????
in fact i want that when i call a report from form it will open in ur given software directly bcoze report builder gives error when i send a print on laser printer instead of epson printer and some times hangs the report.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Humayun Tanveer
Previous Topic: rwbuilder.exe - application error
Next Topic: Deploying Oracle report with graphs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 04:33:09 CDT 2024