Home » Infrastructure » Linux » what is the parameters need to be mentioned when creating a Oracle9i database on Redhat Linux9
what is the parameters need to be mentioned when creating a Oracle9i database on Redhat Linux9 [message #132613] Mon, 15 August 2005 03:21 Go to next message
manogya

Hi,

Can any one give me the Solution about what parameters need to be mentioned in init<SID>.ora and the size of each of the parameters to create a home based Oracle 9i database on Linux9.

Thanks in advance.
Re: what is the parameters need to be mentioned when creating a Oracle9i database on Redhat Linux9 [message #132640 is a reply to message #132613] Mon, 15 August 2005 07:51 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> to create a home based Oracle 9i database on Linux9.

What is a home based oracle 9i database?
Is that the database for your personal use at home?
why not just go with default configurations?
install oracle. use dbca to create database. leave everything with defaults ( if you dont need the seed database, dont install. optionally you can also say NO to database options like text/intermedia etc).If you are not planning for an RMAN backup,have the database in noarchivelog mode.
Previous Topic: Upgrading RHEL AS 4 2.6.9-5.0.5 up to 2.6.9-11 running Oracle's 10g ASM instance
Next Topic: parallel program execution!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:27:10 CDT 2024