Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Need Information For Upgrading To Apps 11i DBA
Need Information For Upgrading To Apps 11i DBA [message #133764] Mon, 22 August 2005 02:48 Go to next message
sunithanarla
Hi ,

I'm Sunitha,I'm working as an Oracle Database Administrator since 3+ years, and i'm thinking of upgrading to Apps 11i DBA, can u say me the prereqs required for upgrading and some details about Apps 11i Dba course curriculam.According to my knowledge ,I know that i have to upgrade all these things and if u can suggest anything that I missed ,plz tell me and also documentation for these areas , I would be very much thankful
D2K
Workflow
System Admin
Navigation
Flexifields
Patching and Upgrading
Thanks In Advance
Regards,
Sunitha
Re: Need Information For Upgrading To Apps 11i DBA [message #134981 is a reply to message #133764] Mon, 29 August 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
newtoobang
go to oracle site you will get a link for all above mentioned areas of apps and concentrate much on System Admin and Apss DBA stuff from oracle site
Re: Need Information For Upgrading To Apps 11i DBA [message #139528 is a reply to message #133764] Wed, 28 September 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
devathi80

Hi Sunitha,

I have seen your doubt and herewith iam giving the duties for the Oracle Apps DBA and he/she should be able to have the knowledge in the following areas..

•Capability of installation, configuration and Maintenance of Oracle Applications 11i (Versions: 11i. X to 11.5.10.2)

•Knowledge of installing Vision, Test, Production version of Oracle Applications.

•Exposure of Setting up of profile and installation of printers for all 3 environments using System Administration Module.

•Should be able to configure the Jserv Module of Apache Server for accessing the iHelp.
•Job duties of implementation support for the CRP, applying patches, interoperatability patches, Upgradation of Databases from 8.1.7.X to higher versions.

•Knowledge of Data Migration from Excel Sheet to Oracle Applications.

•Implementing feature of Transportable Tablespaces and locally managed Tablespaces. Implementing features like temporary table, partitions, materialized views.

•Exposure on Platinum E-Rwin (Data Modeling Practice tool)
•Configuration of Web Servers.
•Should have knowledge on the database tuning, troubleshooting, maintenance, backup and writing scripts for backup for Oracle Applications Database and Web Server.

Platforms and OS

•Sun Solaris, Windows 2000 OR Linux

Database Tools

•Oracle 8i and 9i and 10G will be having an Advantage.

OLAP Tools
Oracle Express Server, Oracle Discoverer

Tools :

Forms6i, Reports 6i, Proc*C 2.0, PL/SQL packages, procedures, dynamic SQL, DDL, DDE, OLE, Visual Source Safe 6.0

bye and keep in touch..

Thanks and Regards,

Manoj Kumar

---

[Updated on: Wed, 28 September 2005 09:05]

Report message to a moderator

icon12.gif  Re: Need Information For Upgrading To Apps 11i DBA [message #139553 is a reply to message #139528] Wed, 28 September 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnalystParth
Sunitha,

I would primarily suggest that you understand what apps architecture is about first. There are too many components, and there isnt one DBA who has mastered all of them. Understand how the 3 tiers are setup, how is the codebase distributed, shipped, and what services help the applications work.

The first level feeler of this will help you build the right base for learning the rest.

My humble opinion on how best to get to this? -> Get hold of an actual apps installation (test not production of course) and burn your fingers on it. (Remember how we all became super DBAs only after we created the first crash.... ) Just like that.

Manuals/components and all those that you listed above will fit in their place automatically when you make the above start.

All the best.. and welcome to the world of ERP and that of Oracle Apps...Smile

- Parth

[Updated on: Wed, 28 September 2005 11:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need Information For Upgrading To Apps 11i DBA [message #139687 is a reply to message #139553] Thu, 29 September 2005 03:14 Go to previous message
devathi80

Mr.Parth,

Please use the proper E-Mail ID while sending the replies to teh receipent.

I think u understood the mistake.My Suggestion is that inform the suggestion in a fine manner but not telling to Brun the fingers.

U May be burning fingers.But it is not necessary for all..

bye..

Thanks,

Manoj Kumar

---
Previous Topic: inetrfaces & conversions
Next Topic: Asset Conversion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 10:41:26 CDT 2024