Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » Password/Login feature for certain PL/SQL web pages
Password/Login feature for certain PL/SQL web pages [message #136167] Tue, 06 September 2005 08:21
dmcgilli
Hello,

Currently I have a login/password feature for my PL/SQL web based application. Under the Database Access Descriptor Setting I set the Authentication Mode to PerPackage. I have an authorization function that follows – it is part of a package.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FUNCTION AUTHORIZE RETURN BOOLEAN
IS
v_user VARCHAR2(100);
v_password VARCHAR2(100);

BEGIN

owa_sec.set_protection_realm('Database of IT Consulting Companies');

v_user := UPPER(owa_sec.get_user_id);
v_password := UPPER(owa_sec.get_password);

IF v_user = 'DOUG' AND v_password = 'DOUG'
OR v_user = 'HALL' AND v_password = 'HALL'

THEN
RETURN TRUE;
ELSE
RETURN FALSE;
END IF;

END AUTHORIZE;
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently when I go to any webpage of the application I am asked to input a username and password to gain access. Once I have input the username and password I can access any webpage of the application and use the various features of the application. If I close the browser and I want to use the application again I have to input the password and login again. What I would like to do is:

Allow the user to view certain parts of the application without needing to input a password and login. For instance to view and search for information in the database no password/login is required.
BUT for the procedures that add, update and delete. Only then would the application ask for the password and login.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I am also interested in information about Custom OWA and Global OWA which can be selected for the Authentication Modes under the Database Access Descriptor Settings
----------------------
Any ideas
Thanks

Doug
Previous Topic: Problem Installation Portal 9i AS
Next Topic: calling htp package from different websphere application server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:00:06 CDT 2024