Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Migrating Oracle 9i Enterprise Edition to oracle 9i standard edition
icon5.gif  Migrating Oracle 9i Enterprise Edition to oracle 9i standard edition [message #136544] Thu, 08 September 2005 11:58 Go to next message
olaikpu
Downgrading oracle 9i EE to Oracle 9i SE

Just wanted to know the best method used to downgrade oracle 9i Enterprise edition to Oracle 9i Standard edition.

I know you can use the installer to remove the enterprise packages or install the standard edition on the server that also has EE running. But I want to have a seamless transition and want to know other methods used to downgrade EE to SE without interrupting the instance thats already running on EE.
Re: Migrating Oracle 9i Enterprise Edition to oracle 9i standard edition [message #136930 is a reply to message #136544] Mon, 12 September 2005 05:43 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
The process of upgrading from Standard Edition to Enterprise Edition is documented in the Oracle Migrations Guide (see Chapter 4: After Upgrading a Database).

The reverse process, unfortunately, is not documented.

The only way to properly convert from Enterprise Edition to Standard Edition is by doing an export and import. For more information see Metalink note 139642.1: "Converting from Enterprise Edition to Standard Edition".
Previous Topic: 32-bit application on 64-bit IBM-P690
Next Topic: Unix shell script to run sqlplus procedure with IN parameter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 12:08:24 CDT 2024