Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » how to change the location flexfield in receivables
how to change the location flexfield in receivables [message #141079] Thu, 06 October 2005 19:56 Go to next message
pallavireddy

hi Embarassed
iam facing some problem in oracle financials receivables
iam working on oracle 11.5.10 version online

in RECEIVABLES
the navigations SETUP:SYSTEM:SYSTEM OPTION
in this option in LOCATION FLEX FIELD by default it is SAMPLE, but if i want to define STATE.COUNTY.CITY how can i do .
so that i can define TAX: CODES, LOCATIONS, AUTHORITIES..... etc

NOTE: iam not a technical person, iam on functional side

so anyone pls help me
thanks in advance
pallavi
Re: how to change the location flexfield in receivables [message #141223 is a reply to message #141079] Fri, 07 October 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mchittib
go to application developer responsibility and
key>descriptive>segments
query for
application :%Recei%
flex field title: %Sales%Tax%Location%

I am not sure which field u need to update.

try in development instance and see if u can workaround
Re: how to change the location flexfield in receivables [message #141241 is a reply to message #141079] Fri, 07 October 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prakasam
hi pallavi

is ur prob regarding changing location flex field solved?? i had the sme problem,even though we could create the different locations in the structure ,i couldnt see the same structure again,,,only the US locations
(default) are enabled...there must be some way,,.or it may also be a bug,,,let see if any one else in this forum has answers fro this
thanks
Re: how to change the location flexfield in receivables [message #141263 is a reply to message #141241] Fri, 07 October 2005 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pallavireddy

hi prakasam
here is the solution given by the mchittib

go to application developer responsibility and
key>descriptive>segments
query for
application :%Recei%
flex field title: %Sales%Tax%Location%

just try it
i will try it today
thanks to chitti
--pallavi
MCHITTIB-HELP how to change the location flexfield in receivables [message #141265 is a reply to message #141223] Fri, 07 October 2005 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pallavireddy

hi chitti
as per your information i opened applicationa developer and
FLEXFIELDS : DESCRIPTIVE : SEGEMENTS

then i opened
APPLICATION : RECEIVABLES
FLEXFIELDS : SALES TAX RATE ASSIGNMENT

her all the location combilations are pre-defined
then what should i do next?? i have compiled again but iam not getting list of values in the RECEIVABLES:SETUP:SYSTEM:SYSTEMOPTION:TAX:LOCATION FLEXFIELD STRUCTURE
and iam still getting the SAMPLE
but if i want to use the LOCATION FLEX FIELD STRUCTURE as
STATE.COUNTY.CITY then what should i do

waiting for your solution
thanks
pallavi
Re: MCHITTIB-HELP how to change the location flexfield in receivables [message #141274 is a reply to message #141265] Fri, 07 October 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mchittib
hey pallavi ,
when you query for sales tax location flexfield see if you have State.County.City defined or not if its already defined see if its enabled or not.
if it is not defined add a line to that flexfield and it should have contnets that are similar in second screenshot.
Then freeze it and compile it.

Now u should be able to see a list of values for Location Flexfield.

I guess this helps.
If it doesnt answer ur problem why dont u give a shot at AR User guide search for "Location Flex".
U have a seperate section on how to define sales tax location flexfield.
  • Attachment: Doc1.doc
    (Size: 177.50KB, Downloaded 1476 times)
Re: MCHITTIB-HELP how to change the location flexfield in receivables [message #141315 is a reply to message #141265] Sat, 08 October 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vk_appstech
hi
state.county.city are already predefined structure .and u also have some other combinations there,,check it out..so what is it u r looking for...i guess u might want to go for a new structure,,,,or is it like u want to assign new values ....
could u clear it
Re: MCHITTIB-HELP how to change the location flexfield in receivables [message #141320 is a reply to message #141315] Sat, 08 October 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pallavireddy

HI CHITTI

the STATE.COUNTY.CITY are predefined and enabled
apart from it there are diff combinations predefined enabled.
but my doubt is why are they not displaying in the list of values in LOCATION KEY FLEXFIELD(SYSTEM OPTION: TAX),

i have recompiled once again but still they are not displaying.It is just showing SAMPLE thats all

anyways thanks
--pallavi

Re: MCHITTIB-HELP how to change the location flexfield in receivables [message #141507 is a reply to message #141320] Mon, 10 October 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
murugeshr
Hi
You can go to Help-->Diagnostics--> remove the value and u save it. Once its saved. It will display whatever valuesets u have created will be displayed in the LOV.
Then you can select ur valueset over there.

Regards
Murugesh
r.murugesh@gmail.com
icon5.gif  Re: MCHITTIB-HELP how to change the location flexfield in receivables [message #146224 is a reply to message #141507] Wed, 09 November 2005 07:53 Go to previous message
concorde007

Hi Murugesh,

I tried to follow your steps in test instance, but it did not work.

Actualy, my problem is, i have defined 'State.County.City' and wanted it to change to 'No - Validation'. Is this possible? Pls assist.

Regards
Prashanth
Previous Topic: Min-Max Planning report
Next Topic: How to know the installed modules in 11i?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 09:29:25 CDT 2024