Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » e-Business management API
e-Business management API [message #145359] Wed, 02 November 2005 12:36
kmoore
I am new to Oracle E-Business Suite and have a view questions regarding the nature of the application and the API's available.

People have told me about creating users in e-Business Suite and managing them through API's. I thought e-Business Suite seemed to be more about workflow and ERP type activites.

I have however read some information about e-Business Suite HR. This seems to be more user centric.

What does it mean to create a user in e-Business Suite? Do you create a user in Oracle DB and give them a role with e-Business Suite access or are the two different. What API's are there available to control the user population? I have written a Java administrative connector using JDBC and SQL for Oracle DB and wondered if this could just be extended.

Where is the best place to start and does anyone have any information on these issues. I have done quite a lot of digging but I'm finding it quite hard to see where this suite starts and ends with respect to other Oracle products.

Thanks in advance

Karl
Previous Topic: AX_JOURNAL_ENTRY_LINES_V content
Next Topic: FOLDER NAME
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 15:07:38 CDT 2024