Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » i need some help in puchasing module
i need some help in puchasing module [message #145506] Thu, 03 November 2005 09:31 Go to next message
pallavireddy

hi friends

iam practicing oracle financials, but to understand the flow iam trying to enter requisitions in purchasing module, then iam getting a popup saying that you are not set up as an employee to access this account.

so what do i do , can any one pls help me

--pallavi reddy
Re: i need some help in puchasing module [message #145553 is a reply to message #145506] Thu, 03 November 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mchittib
You need to be setup as an employee .
Purchasing super user: setup>Personnel> Employees.
If hrms is installed it wont allow u to setup as an employee here.
Probably u would have something similar like this.

Next step u need to do is setup urself as a buyer as well.

setup>personnel>Buyers> New Buyer and add entry for ur self.

Then ur good to go and raise PO's and Requisitions.
Re: i need some help in puchasing module [message #145643 is a reply to message #145553] Fri, 04 November 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pallavireddy

hi
as u said i defined my user name as buyer ans saved it, then trying to enter requisition but iam getting the same popup saying that you are not set up as an employee, what else so i need to do,

iam not a technical person so plds help me???

thanks
pallavi
Re: i need some help in puchasing module [message #145660 is a reply to message #145643] Fri, 04 November 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mchittib
u need to be setup as a employyee as well

Purchasing super user: setup>Personnel> Employees.

or hrms
setup>people>employee(similar to this)
Re: i need some help in puchasing module [message #145767 is a reply to message #145506] Sun, 06 November 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vk_appstech
hi pallavi
i guess u must have got the HRMS instaled,,so u cannnot create the employee from purchasing module,,.sp try to follow the steps like below.
login to US HRMS MANAGER responsiblity
navigate to PEOPLE -> ENTER AND MAINTAIN
give the lastname ,gender,,and click on select ACTION as create employment and here LOV pops up and select employee here...
SAVE.(we need to click on assignment here to give a position,but before we that we need to create a job.
so click on workstructures->job-> description.
enter job here.
u may also get a message,may be like asking u to compile the flexfiled combination,,.so compile the respective flexfield before u go for work structures.
once the above set up is finished u can go back to people-enter and maintain.give ur last name and query for it,,now click on assignments ,,we can now give job and position(ur job name must be there here if u have properly gave the work structure).

now go to sysadmin respon ,,security->user->define.give the above customer name u created here,,,,in PERSON column,,

now u must not get the message u r getting,,if u follow ,i hope i am clear,,u cn query further if any doubts
regards
vijay

Re: i need some help in puchasing module [message #169834 is a reply to message #145643] Sat, 29 April 2006 02:29 Go to previous message
kommineni_7
Razz
hi
in addition to that define u have to define in system admin, create your name as employee.(user definition window- enter user name)
Previous Topic: is there any jounal approval, if yes how to approve the journal
Next Topic: Customer Data Hub/Bulk Import of customers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 11:22:52 CDT 2024