Home » Infrastructure » Unix » install unix oralce
install unix oralce [message #145713] Sat, 05 November 2005 04:07 Go to next message
venkatsp
hi
all

i have wondows based oracle in my PC...windows XP and oralce 9i.. but i want to install unix based oralce in my PC...will it posible to install oracle unix based and windows based in the same PC..????..( i do not have any knowldge about oralce unix based)..can i install oralce on linux also(will oralce unix version will work for linux also ...

1)can i install oralce on linux also (will oralce unix version will work for linux also)??

can any one suggest me that versions(which version of unix or linux i have to install ???? and oralce which version i have to install????

thanks

Re: install unix oralce [message #145720 is a reply to message #145713] Sat, 05 November 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
which unix (hp-ux,aix,solaris...) and linux(Redhat,suse,mandrake...) are you talking about here?
>>will it posible to install oracle unix based and windows based in the same PC.
Only if you have a dual boot.
You need windows OS to run windows application, corresponding linux to run the Oracle. Sun used to have a pc version of solaris (solaris intel).
Re: install unix oralce [message #145737 is a reply to message #145713] Sat, 05 November 2005 10:50 Go to previous message
Steve Callan
Used to? See http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/get.jsp (they still do).
Previous Topic: Oracle10g+Linux+DRBD+Heartbeat Failover cluster: What hostname to provide to Oracle?
Next Topic: help needed: comparing two directory tree structures
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:37:19 CDT 2024