Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » dragging of fields according to my choice in report
dragging of fields according to my choice in report [message #147967] Mon, 21 November 2005 23:36 Go to next message
gautamvv
hello to all

i am new to reports 6, so i have the following doubt.

my requirement is, i want to print the report in a certificate format, ie, there already is a certificate, and i have to place my fields in such a way that it matches the size, position of the fields in the certificate.

when the end user calls the report from form, the fields should be arranged in such a way that it matches the positions in the certificate ( i think i am clear enough), he justs clicks the print button, the report is printed, the certificate comes out

now when i just simply run the report, in the layout editor, i am getting allthe fields in a line (please see the attachment, i have attached a word document)

i want the fields to be dragged, resized, and i want them in the corresponding positions in the certificate. but i dont know how to, and i am not able to move the fields..let alone position them.

can anyone help me with this matter? explain me how to drag, change size, and position my fields according to my wish?

any help will be really appreciated.

Gautam

Mod-upd: Get rid of extraneous blank lines. Please read the sticky on punctuation and capitalisation - they exist, use them
  • Attachment: Doc1.doc
    (Size: 70.00KB, Downloaded 1667 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 05 December 2005 23:33] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: dragging of fields according to my choice in report [message #150001 is a reply to message #147967] Mon, 05 December 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you have a spastic 'enter key' finger?????

Please STOP with all the line spaces.

David
Re: dragging of fields according to my choice in report [message #255845 is a reply to message #150001] Thu, 02 August 2007 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scosco
Y R U SO RUDE TO PEOPLE!!!!DONT U HAVE ANY MANNERS DAVID
Re: dragging of fields according to my choice in report [message #255858 is a reply to message #255845] Thu, 02 August 2007 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
@scosco, why don't you read the whole topic? If you did that, you'd probably see what David said:
David
Mod-upd: Get rid of extraneous blank lines. Please read the sticky on punctuation and capitalisation - they exist, use them

The same goes for you: read the Stickies: this one, this and this and learn how to behave on the OraFAQ Forum

And, please, stop resurrecting topics which are several years dead.
Re: dragging of fields according to my choice in report [message #258357 is a reply to message #147967] Sat, 11 August 2007 05:26 Go to previous message
ranisri321
hi

To move the fields in the report,first click the lock icon in the toolbar,then only it will allow to move the fields

i hope it will clear your doubt
Previous Topic: please give me the suggession what is the this internal Error
Next Topic: How to create a text output with report builder upto 132 column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 06:29:45 CDT 2024