Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » how to obtain a sub-form name
how to obtain a sub-form name [message #149250] Wed, 30 November 2005 19:22 Go to next message
sshan
Hey Guys,

I am trying to modify a form (telesales/customer address), whose parent form is called ASTRCALL.

Question is, how can I find out the form name for the pop-up window?

or, does anyone happen to know what it is?

Thanks,

Sam
Re: how to obtain a sub-form name [message #149383 is a reply to message #149250] Thu, 01 December 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Sam,

In order to find the name of the form you could use the custom code diagnostics functionality if events are passed onto the CUSTOM Library in the "subform" you are interested in.

1. Select Help>Diagnostics>Custom Code>Show Custom Events from the menu. This will cause a dialogue box to be displayed whenever an event is passed onto the CUSTOM Library. The dialogue displays the following "<form>.<block>.<item>: <event>".
  2. Open the form as usual and note down the name of the form.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: how to obtain a sub-form name [message #149441 is a reply to message #149250] Thu, 01 December 2005 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sshan
Thank you for the info. but it still give me the following:

ASTRCALL(which is still the main form).AST_CU_LOCATION.ADDR_DFF: WHEN-NEW-BLOCK-INSTANCE

This form has so many sub-forms and attached PL/SQL libraries. Since I am in a remote client/server environment, the DBA just could not provide all the forms(and libraries) along with the parent form.

And the whole purpose of trying to modify the form is to add a text field (say, province, for the customers)in the address form).

Is there a way to work around?

Thanks,
Re: how to obtain a sub-form name [message #149595 is a reply to message #149441] Fri, 02 December 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Sam,

You are in luck. There is probably no need to customise the form itself. What fields to show in the address is usually configurable by altering the descriptive flexfield.

If you know the table where the address is stored, you can find the flexfield in question by querying it in the Descriptive Flexfields form.

1. In the Application Developer responsibility navigate to Flexfield>Descriptive>Register.
  2. Go to querymode (F11) and enter the table name in the "Table Name" field and execute (Crtl+F11).
  3. Page through the records returned to find the DFF definition for addresses.

To add or remove columns use the Descriptive Flexfields Segments form. In Application Developer responsibility navigate to Flexfield>Descriptive>Segments to open this form.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: how to obtain a sub-form name [message #149660 is a reply to message #149595] Fri, 02 December 2005 12:41 Go to previous message
sshan
Aleksander,

Thank you very much.

Following your instruction, I searched by table HZ_LOCATIONS, which is the one it uses. Of only 2 records returned, I didn't find any that I was looking for. So I turned around to search the 'SEGMENT' by any title with 'Address'. Bingo! I found the one, which is with application 'Receivable' and Titled 'Address'. Among the Context Field Values, there's one called 'AS_DEFAULT'. in the segments of this field, I added 'Province' accordingly. Now province is showing in the form.

Again, thank you so much for helping me through this. Wish you the best luck.

Thanks,

Sam
Previous Topic: Source code of INCTCM
Next Topic: Docs on Upgrade of 11i.9 to 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 15:25:45 CDT 2024