Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Frame Behaviour
Frame Behaviour [message #149405] Thu, 01 December 2005 09:16 Go to next message
Steve Corey
Hello.

I have a report that is driven by lexical parameters. A user will decide which type of invoice they would like to print and the layout and data adjust accordingly. All invoices fit on one physical page. One type of invoice that the user may pick must have an addendum printed along with it (a second page). I have set the layout property of the report of Vertical Panels to 2. I then stretched the invoice number repeating frame to encompass the second logical page and have inserted my data. I put a grouping frame around the data on my second page and tagged a format trigger on the frame to display only if the specific invoice type is selected. I then set the BLANKPAGES property to NONE. This is working properly.

However, on the first logical page (the invoice page) there are grouping frames that display or do not display attribute data specifically associated with the invoice type selected. This causes some of the frames to be suppressed and thus collapse, ie the second logical page data gets shifted upwards. Is there a way to control this type of behaviour so that the frames do not collapse and thus the second logical page prints as intended, eg on its own page?

Thank you!

Steve
Re: Frame Behaviour [message #149408 is a reply to message #149405] Thu, 01 December 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Page brake before? Just a long shot...

MHE
Re: Frame Behaviour [message #149414 is a reply to message #149408] Thu, 01 December 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
Maaher -

That would be the decision I would like to implement. But for some reason, ever since I got a new client machine, I cannot for the life of me get Page Breaks to work. I end up having to make a pseudo-group and setting max records per page to 1 to get around it. That would work, if it was only one invoice type that I was dealing with. Unfortunately, that is not feasible. Thanks for the suggestion though! =)

BTW - The behavior of the group frame when I set Page Break Before to Yes is that it does not get printed at all. Go figure. =)

Steve
Re: Frame Behaviour [message #163664 is a reply to message #149405] Fri, 17 March 2006 14:47 Go to previous message
dude4084
can u find that if anchoring option can solve yoiur problem?

Previous Topic: url, which directly exports data from Discoverer Viewer (10g) to html
Next Topic: print Page no 1 only out of 1+ pages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 15:36:07 CDT 2024