Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » BR 100 Document
BR 100 Document [message #150528] Thu, 08 December 2005 05:37 Go to next message
jamalmd

Let me know about BR100 Document... List out some documents whih are used in implementation of Oracle Financials...
Re: BR 100 Document [message #150578 is a reply to message #150528] Thu, 08 December 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
The BR100 documents the setup for each application, which is arrived at by completing some or all of the other BR (Business Requirements Mapping) and BD (Business Requirements Definition) documents in the Definition, Operational Analysis and Solution Design phases of the implementation project.

The first version of the BR100 will probably be used to build the TEST environment. Any changes required as a result of problems encountered will be incorporated into the next version of the BR100, which will then be used to build (say) the UAT environment. In parallel with these environments, there will probably be a DEVELOPMENT environment and it may be that there will be changes required to the BR100 because of issues encountered there. The "Final" version of the BR100 will probably then be used to build both the PRODUCTION and TRAINING environments.

In other words, it will probably evolve over a period of time.

To find out what other documents are available, look at AIM itself. Not all of the documents are required. If you are not doing any bespoke programing, you will not need to do any of the MD documents. Even the ones you do use, you may not use all of, or use in their original form. AIM is a set of guidelines not a straitjacket.

HTH

David.
Re: BR 100 Document [message #159402 is a reply to message #150578] Sat, 18 February 2006 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nimesh Chheda
Hi,

What is the most common format used for BR100 documents - we are currently using Microsoft Word documents - however are being asked to use Microsoft Excel to prepare the BR100 setup document.

What is the preferred format.

Re: BR 100 Document [message #159412 is a reply to message #150578] Sat, 18 February 2006 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dushyant
hi david

Respecting your comments, i slightly differ with you.

BR.100 is Application setup document, where we are configuring the system which would go live, i.e. the instance is obviously production.So it is a production setup document primafacie.

So it goes without saying that values which are there in production should reflect in br.100.By this logic it is not mandatory to prepare a setup document for CRP, UAT.But if you want to document what you have setup in these instances then do so by all means.

Re: BR 100 Document [message #166974 is a reply to message #159402] Mon, 10 April 2006 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Nimesh Chheda wrote on Sat, 18 February 2006 15:26

What is the most common format used for BR100 documents - we are currently using Microsoft Word documents - however are being asked to use Microsoft Excel to prepare the BR100 setup document.

What is the preferred format.

The AIM documents that Oracle supplies for BR100 are in Word Format. However, as I stated earlier, AIM is a set of guidelines, not a straightjacket. If you can create your BR100 in Excel, and that gives you some other benefits that you can't get from using Word, then go for it!

Cool HTH

David.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 April 2006 11:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: BR 100 Document [message #166976 is a reply to message #159412] Mon, 10 April 2006 11:39 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
Dushyant,

While I respect your opinion, I suggest that it is extremely useful to document each environment as you create it.

Arrow When you find things that don't work in TEST or UAT, then you can update the BR100 for PROD before you start work on PROD. This is likely to improve the quality of your BR100.

Arrow It is possible that you could have formal TEST and TRAINING environments, and it is likely that those will be configured differently from PROD. If so, you will very probably want a BR100 for each environment.

Having said all of that, I will repeat that AIM is a set of guidelines, and not a straightjacket.

David.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 April 2006 11:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: what is MD50,MD70, 2BE doc?
Next Topic: what are Global Temporary Tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 16:14:24 CDT 2024