Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Indirect Responsibilities tab in Users screen
Indirect Responsibilities tab in Users screen [message #151275] Wed, 14 December 2005 01:24 Go to next message
manwadkar

Will you please tell me a meaning of this tab in Users screen? I saw in system admin document as below but did not understand it properly.

Indirect Responsibilities
Indirect responsibilities are used with Oracle User Management only. A user may "inherit" an indirect responsibility through membership in a group to which the responsibility has been assigned.

I think this feature is only in 11.5.10.

Re: Indirect Responsibilities tab in Users screen [message #151321 is a reply to message #151275] Wed, 14 December 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
I searched the documentation, MetaLink and the Oracle Technology Network, but could not find any more than the one-liner that you already have. I guess that it was something that Oracle started to do, but then dropped for some reason. Unless somebody else knows differently .....
Re: Indirect Responsibilities tab in Users screen [message #151323 is a reply to message #151321] Wed, 14 December 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manwadkar

It is something to related RBAC(role based access control) in 11.5.10.
Re: Indirect Responsibilities tab in Users screen [message #151672 is a reply to message #151323] Fri, 16 December 2005 02:28 Go to previous message
manwadkar

I found it. Indirect responsibilities are nothing but responsibilities came through roles (User Management 11.5.10). In a role hierarchy you may have responsibilities. And those responsibilities are assigned to user so it is called indirect. Direct means responsibilities assigned directly to user through a Manage User form.
Previous Topic: need help with the sql query
Next Topic: regarding FND MESSAGES in forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 07:50:28 CDT 2024