Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Need to execute function prior to report data accumulation
Need to execute function prior to report data accumulation [message #152035] Tue, 20 December 2005 10:29
roacren
I have a view that goes against a 5 million record table and gets contract line flexfields. The performance is greatly improved when a specific contract is selected, so I have built in an extra join to a temporary table that contains nothing but contract number. When a report is run in Discoverer, the goal is to allow the user to enter a parameter of contract number, and then take that number and execute a function to populate the temporary table with that contract number, then get the data from the view that has joined to this table. It works if the user runs the report 2 times, as the data is being generated before the function is executed, so there is nothing in the temp table on the first execution due to timing. What I need to do is change the timing and force the function to populate the temp table prior to the running of the view. Is this possible?
Previous Topic: How to attach Discoverer report to a particular Responsibility in Oracle Apps
Next Topic: Need to show error message while not selecting input parameter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 09:55:53 CDT 2024