Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » AR Interface Errors
AR Interface Errors [message #152192] Wed, 21 December 2005 10:36 Go to next message
sambireddyn
Hi,

One invoice got stuck in AR_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL with the error
"The entered amount does not have the correct currency precision"
Value in the amount column is 878.6799 ( Currency USD )

When I checked from front end
Setup > financials > currencies > currencies
When I queried for USD, precision is 2 and Extended Precision is 5
And this is enabled.

But in interface table the amount ( 878.6799 ) is having only 4 precisions.

Could any body please tell me the solution.
Thanks in advance.

SambiReddy.
Re: AR Interface Errors [message #152634 is a reply to message #152192] Sun, 25 December 2005 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sambireddyn
Hi all,

Can any body throw some light on it.

Regards,
SambiReddy.
Re: AR Interface Errors [message #153808 is a reply to message #152192] Wed, 04 January 2006 04:17 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
SambiReddy,

From memory, the "Extended precision" is used internally when performing calculations. So your extended precision of 5 means that any calculations (such as an average price) will be calculated to 5 decimal places, then the results will be stored in the database to 2 decimal places, as defined by your "Precision" setting. Data entry is always performed to the "Precision" level, not the "Extended Precision" level.

As, I said above, this reply was done completely from memory. You should check the information in the User Guide. If you don't have a copy, you can download it from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html.

HTH

David.
Previous Topic: oracle apps
Next Topic: Installing on Linux, JSP check failed [SOLVED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 00:38:38 CDT 2024