Home » Infrastructure » Linux » database creation via scripts
database creation via scripts [message #152289] Thu, 22 December 2005 05:11 Go to next message
bongout
Hi Forum,

still new to Oracle and Linux I used the GUI to create new databases on a 10g DB Server with Debian Sarge.

Now I would like to learn how to get this done via a script as I would like to ssh to my machine without GUI and create a new database.

I looked for some examples but could not figure out the right track... Sad

PLease let me know what to do in order to create a new DB with ssh and import a dump file automatically.

And just to get an overview: how to delete a db via ssh?

thanx in advance
Re: database creation via scripts [message #152317 is a reply to message #152289] Thu, 22 December 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
You can use the DBCA utility (DB Configuration Assistant) to generate a DB creation script.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: database creation via scripts [message #152329 is a reply to message #152317] Thu, 22 December 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bongout
Hi Frank,

thanx for reply - but I went step by step through the dbca wizzard but could not find an option to create a script that I can execute via ssh...

Did I miss your point or was it a misunderstanding?

I need a script to create a new database without using the dbca wizzard...

thanx
Re: database creation via scripts [message #152439 is a reply to message #152329] Fri, 23 December 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
After going through all the screens DBCA should ask you if you want to create the db, or write out scripts to do so.
Re: database creation via scripts [message #153781 is a reply to message #152439] Wed, 04 January 2006 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bongout
Hi Frank,
hi Board...

after some days off I tried what you advised and found the option to create a script.

Unfortunatly it's not what I need. Maybe I'm quite close that I can't see the solution... but the function you mention will create exactly the same database (=same SID) as done with the GUI.

I need a script, to create (and delete) databases with a new SID for each. So what I search is something kind of:

"ssh create $database user@server"

any idea?
Re: database creation via scripts [message #155498 is a reply to message #153781] Mon, 16 January 2006 09:43 Go to previous message
nor8575
Hi,
I am also looking for a shell script to create oracle 10g databases and came across this script on the internet...

http://www.injunea.demon.co.uk/pages/page2gdb.htm#top

Maybe it might help..??
Previous Topic: very urgent, please advice...oracle netca, dbca hangs during install
Next Topic: Will The Ssh Security Affects Oracle Users? Correct me if iam wrong
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:24:48 CDT 2024