Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle 11.5.9
Oracle 11.5.9 [message #153607] Tue, 03 January 2006 05:33 Go to next message
shashidhar.k
Hi..
1)could you tell wht is difference between 11.5.4 and 11.5.9.
2) if we are defineing 2 banks (in AP or AR)with same name ., will the application support?? on which basis it will give error.

Thanks
Shashidhar K
Re: Oracle 11.5.9 [message #153826 is a reply to message #153607] Wed, 04 January 2006 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Shashidhar,

For the differences between 11.5.4 and 11.5.9 please refer to MetaLink https://metalink.oracle.com/.

AP "owns" the bank accounts, but "shares" them with AR. When you log on to AR and try to define a bank account, you are actually using AP forms and updating AP tables. The system will not allow you to define the same bank, branch or account twice, whether you try to do both in AP, both in AR or one in AP and one in AR.

HTH

David.
Re: Oracle 11.5.9 [message #154179 is a reply to message #153826] Fri, 06 January 2006 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shashidhar.k
Hi David.. thanks for you help..i have one more doubt

could you tell me..can we transfer founds from one Operating unit to another operating unit..i.e. suppose we have 4 operating units like OU1,OU2,OU3,OU4. Now if i want to transfer funds from OU1 to OU3 or any OU. How can i do that one if i installed Multi-Org.If so what are gerenal entries will generate the system(application).

Thanks
shashidhar.K
Re: Oracle 11.5.9 [message #154307 is a reply to message #153607] Fri, 06 January 2006 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
If you are talking about transferring funds from one bank account to another, then it is simply a matter of raising a GL Journal debiting one bank account and crediting the other. (This Journal will then be available for reconciling in Cash Management.)

If you are not using Cash Management, you can stop reading now.

The only thing that I can think of that you have to watch is that if you are using Cash Management and are transferring funds to/from a bank account which is in a currency other than your Functional currency, be sure to raise the journal in the non-functional currency. Why? Well, if you raise the journal in the non-functional currency, then the GL will convert it to your functional currency and both currencies will be available for reconciling the transaction on the bank statements. If you do the journal in your functional currency, the GL has no need to convert it to the non-functional currency and so the non-functional amount will not be available for reconciliation.

For example, if your functional currency is the Euro (EUR) and one of your bank accounts in in Pounds Sterling (GBP) and you transfer GBP 100,000 from the GBP account to the EUR account, GL has to have the amount in EUR so that it can be accounted in your functional currency. So if you enter the GL Journal in GBP, the transaction will show an entered amount of 100,000 (GBP) and an accounted amount of (say) 150,000 (EUR). When you reconcile the GBP bank statement, the GBP 100,000 is available for reconciliation and when you reconcile the EUR account, the EUR 150,000 is available for reconciliation.

However, if you enter the GL Journal in EUR, the system does not need to convert it, because it is already in your functional currency. Both the entered amount and the accounted amount will be 150,000. When you reconcile the EUR bank account, the EUR 150,000 is available for reconciliation, but when you reconcile the GBP bank statement, the GBP 100,000 is not available because the system did not need to convert it from EUR to GBP.

HTH

David.
AIM's Documents [message #154647 is a reply to message #154307] Mon, 09 January 2006 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shashidhar.k
Hi david..

could you tell me if when we are using AIM's .. in Offshore Center ., a functional consultant which document he will prepare . And at what stage he will work ., i mean in AIM's methodology at which stage either is it Operation analysis or Solution Design or Build or any other stage.

and David in present Market does any one offering Oracle 11i Certification for functional. i guess it's not avialabel from Oracle Corp.

Thanks
shashidhar K
Re: Oracle 11.5.9 [message #154650 is a reply to message #153826] Mon, 09 January 2006 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shashidhar.k
Hi David..

Thanks for u help. But in meta link i am unable to find the difference between 11.5.4 and 11.5.9. Could you send complete path for that one(if so).

Thanks
shashidhar K
Re: Oracle 11.5.9 [message #154675 is a reply to message #154307] Tue, 10 January 2006 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shashidhar.k
Hi David

Could you tell me any book name which is usefull for Financial functional consultant. i mean which i asked some question earlier. is there any book or material avialable which give information for functional consultant.(other that OCP.,coz already i have that book).

Thanks
shashidhar K
Re: AIM's Documents [message #154699 is a reply to message #154647] Tue, 10 January 2006 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
shashidhar.k wrote on Tue, 10 January 2006 05:15

Hi david..

..... a functional consultant which document he will prepare . And at what stage he will work .....

..... does any one offering Oracle 11i Certification for functional .....

Thanks
shashidhar K

AIM is Oracle Consulting's tool for implementing the applications. To understand how to use it and who does what you need to work on a project where AIM is the project management tool (or is used extensively) under the guidance of an experienced user of AIM. Preferably (from the point of view of learning AIM, at least), you should engage Oracle Consulting to manage your implementation and learn from them as you go. I am not going to attempt to provide a tutorial here on how to use AIM. However, there is another place where you can do some more reading for yourself. Once you have installed AIM, start it up and click the "Handbooks" button at the top.

As to your second point, I am not aware of any certification for Oracle Applications, from Oracle or anybody else. However, if any other forum members know otherwise, we would all like to hear about it.

HTH

David.
Re: Oracle 11.5.9 [message #154706 is a reply to message #154650] Tue, 10 January 2006 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
shashidhar.k wrote on Tue, 10 January 2006 05:17

Hi David..

..... unable to find the difference between 11.5.4 and 11.5.9 .....

Thanks
shashidhar K

Sorry, I don't have this information at my fingertips. It will be on MetaLink. Search and you will find it. If you still cannot find it after another good search, go to one of the forums on MetaLink and ask the question there. One of the Oracle Support staff should be able to point you to the right place. You probably want the update notice for each application (GL, AP, AR, etc.) for 11.5.9 which will tell you what was changed at each step from 11.5.4 to 11.5.9. I am sorry that I don't have the time to search and find this information for you, but I have work to do on my own project, and we are approaching a major cutoff point.

Good luck.

David.
Re: Oracle 11.5.9 [message #154707 is a reply to message #154675] Tue, 10 January 2006 04:45 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
shashidhar.k wrote on Tue, 10 January 2006 08:49

Hi David

Could you tell me any book name which is usefull for Financial functional consultant .....

Thanks
shashidhar K

No, I cannot recommend any specific book from my own personal experience, but you could look at the Oracle Press shop at http://books.mcgraw-hill.com/landingpage.php?template=oraclepress where they sell all of the "official" books.

If any other member of this forum would like to recommend a specific book, I am sure that Shashidkar would be most grateful.

HTH

David.
Previous Topic: ORGANIZATION CREATION
Next Topic: Query on Tolerance Limit in PO
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 10:32:29 CDT 2024