Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Implimentation Methodology
Implimentation Methodology [message #154854] Wed, 11 January 2006 00:51 Go to next message
suntoo

Hi,

I would like to know in detail about the implimentation methodology (AIM) in detail and what are the documents used at different phases.

I would be thankful if you could provide me any website so that i can download the same.
Thanx in advance,

Santosh
Re: Implimentation Methodology [message #154999 is a reply to message #154854] Wed, 11 January 2006 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Santosh,

In answer to your first question:
suntoo wrote on Wed, 11 January 2006 06:51

I would like to know in detail about the implimentation methodology (AIM) in detail and what are the documents used at different phases.

(Application Implementation Method) is a set of tools written by Oracle Consulting to manage the implementation of the Oracle Applications. To really understand how to use AIM, you have to work on an implementation that uses it, under the guidance of an experienced practitioner.

When you start AIM, the screen displays the project phases in columns across the top of the screen. These are Definition, Operational Analysis, Solution Design, Build, Transition and Production. In rows down the left are the activities Project Management, Business Process Architecture, Business Requirements Definition, Business Requirements Mapping, Application and Technical Architecture, Module Design and Build, Data Conversion, Documentation, Business System Testing, Performance Testing, Adoption and Learning and Production Migration. Where there are activities for a phase, then at the intersection of the row and column, you will find a coloured box and clicking on it will list the appropriate deliverable templates. Clicking one of the templates will create the appropriate Word document or Excel spreadsheet.

In the toolbar, you will find "Handbooks" which will list all of the documentation, in PDF format, which comes with AIM.
suntoo wrote on Wed, 11 January 2006 06:51

I would be thankful if you could provide me any website so that i can download the same.

AIM can be downloaded from http://download-east.oracle.com/partners/ by selecting either 265497.EXE or 265498.EXE but I cannot remember what the difference between them is.

Right, that's that. No more. Razz I have given you all that I can give without it having a major impact on my current project.

HTH

David.
Re: Implimentation Methodology [message #155050 is a reply to message #154999] Wed, 11 January 2006 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suntoo

hi David,

Thanx a lot,

for taking out ur precious and valueble time and explaining me the concept of AIM defenitly this will be very much helpful to me.

Thanx again.

Santosh
Re: Implimentation Methodology [message #167053 is a reply to message #155050] Tue, 11 April 2006 00:45 Go to previous message
sriram_iyengar

Dear friends

Please find attached the AIM document in PDF format.

Sriram.K
  • Attachment: AIM.pdf
    (Size: 915.40KB, Downloaded 2295 times)
Previous Topic: a quest to know a complete details
Next Topic: Pre-requisites for Getting Trained in Oracle Applications!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 14:05:00 CDT 2024