Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Using dis4usr to run & export tab delimited text
Using dis4usr to run & export tab delimited text [message #156776] Fri, 27 January 2006 12:42 Go to next message
cmerrill
Hello, I have seen multiple questions and answers regarding how to do this but I am encountering a problem. My apologies in advance for not having the understanding of the Discoverer application that I should.

When attempting to do a: dis4usr /CONNECT USER/PASS@DB

It fails. I believe that it is failing because my user account in the form of "user@host.com" is an oracle application user -- if going into Discoverer manually I have to have that box checked prior to logging in. I tried setting the application to logon to Application EUL's by default but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Christian
Re: Using dis4usr to run & export tab delimited text [message #156976 is a reply to message #156776] Mon, 30 January 2006 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Christian,
If working on an Apps EUL, you have to use the following syntax when connecting command line:

user:"apps responsibility"/password@database.

Regards,
Sabine
Re: Using dis4usr to run & export tab delimited text [message #156982 is a reply to message #156976] Mon, 30 January 2006 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmerrill
You're *potentially* a lifesaver Smile That worked great. Now I get to a point where it says that I did not specify a responsibility. In this case my responsibility should be "Global Support Tech".

I'm doing this one step at a time so I'm just assuming that I need to take care of this as well before adding the information to run and export the desired report.

Any idea how this needs to be specified on the command line?

Thanks again.

Christian
Re: Using dis4usr to run & export tab delimited text [message #157136 is a reply to message #156982] Tue, 31 January 2006 08:35 Go to previous message
skooman
Christian, the complete line should be like:

connect yourappsuser:"Global Support Tech"/yourpassword@dbname

Regards,
Sabine
Previous Topic: Changing Date Formats in Discoverer
Next Topic: Error : Attempt 1. CORBA protocol...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 15:59:56 CDT 2024