Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Connectivity - SQL*Plus IDS (Forms/Reports) -- merged threads
icon14.gif  Connectivity - SQL*Plus IDS (Forms/Reports) -- merged threads [message #157384] Thu, 02 February 2006 01:47 Go to next message
malar_dm
Hi,

I had 1 doubt while connectivity of database from sql*plus to Forms Builder(d2k), I m not able to connect the database. It shows error message stating (ORA -12560:TNS: protocol adaptor error).

From my knowledge, I went to ODBC Data Source Administrator and select connection pooling, in that I select the oracle and enable it and click apply & ok. But it not get connected.

I herewith attach the print screen for easy understanding.

Username : system
Password : password

Pls do help….

Thank u.

With regards
Malar.d

[Updated on: Fri, 03 February 2006 04:10] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Connectivity - sql*plus to Reports [message #157387 is a reply to message #157384] Thu, 02 February 2006 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
malar_dm
Hi 2 all

Connectivity of database from sql*plus to Forms Builder(d2k), I m not able to connect the database. It shows error message stating (ORA -12560:TNS: protocol adaptor error).

From my knowledge, I went to ODBC Data Source Administrator and select connection pooling, in that I select the oracle and enable it and click apply & ok. But it not get connected.

I herewith attach the print screen for easy understanding.

Username : system
Password : password

Pls do help….

Thank u.

With regards
Malar.d

Re: Connectivity - sql*plus to Reports [message #157412 is a reply to message #157387] Thu, 02 February 2006 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude4084
Hi

I try to resolve your problem by guiding u the method which i used to do.

Step-1: Install Developer (D2K) first and then Oracle. Make sure both are installed on DIFFERENT HOMES and DIFFERENT folders.

Step-2: After installation go to the folder where Oracle is installed. Locate the file tnsnames.ora at "your_oracle_folder\network\admin"

Open the file tnsnames.ora in note pad. Now you have to copy (CTRL+C) a paragraph present in the end of the file.
This paragraph will look like as below:.

XXX =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = YYY )(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = XXX)
)
)

(where XXX is your database name given by u while installation and YYY is ur computer HOST name
--DO NOT CHANGE THE INFO, KEEP IT AS IT IS)

Step-3: AFter copying (CTRL+C) the above paragraph in memory. Go to folder where D2K is installed.
Locate the file tnsnames.ora at "your_D2k_folder\net80\admin"
OPen the file in notepad and PASTE the copied paragraph at the end of the file.

Step-4: Close the above file after saving it. Run Developer and i hope your problem will be fixed.

Dude
Re: Connectivity - sql*plus to Forms 6i [message #157430 is a reply to message #157384] Thu, 02 February 2006 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karan.shandilya
Hi,
Do one thing, just copy your database TNSNAMES.ORA file and simply paste it in your D2K TNSNAMES.ORA file.

I am writing the path for these files:

For D2k TNSNAMES.ORA-
U1:\D2K\NET80\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA

For Oracle Database TNSNAMES.ORA
U2:\oracle\HOME\network\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA.

Karan.
Re: Connectivity - sql*plus to Forms 6i [message #157445 is a reply to message #157384] Thu, 02 February 2006 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karthi

Hi Malar,

Romba easy pa...u can solve the TNS problem.
No need of ODBC connection.
whether u have installed ur oracle database in teh same machine in the same drive?
if not, then search for tnsnames.ora file and change it

bye
karthik
Re: Connectivity - sql*plus to Forms 6i [message #157543 is a reply to message #157384] Fri, 03 February 2006 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude4084
Same author
Same Question
But posted at two different froums.

See at

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/58505/0/

is double posting allowed?

Dude
Re: Connectivity - sql*plus to Forms 6i [message #157552 is a reply to message #157543] Fri, 03 February 2006 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
dude4084 wrote on Fri, 03 February 2006 09:18

is double posting allowed?

Dude

No, but we can't keep track of all the posts. Deletion of duplicates is a manual process. You can always report duplicates.

I'll see them merged.

@OP: Don't double post, don't cross-post. Be patient.

MHE

[edit: topics merged]

[Updated on: Fri, 03 February 2006 04:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Connectivity - sql*plus to Reports [message #157707 is a reply to message #157412] Sat, 04 February 2006 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
malar_dm
Hi

Thanks a lot for your tips. I followed ur procedure i.e. copying the TNSnames.ora from oracle and paste it into d2k ,but still there is problem in the connectivity. It shows protocol adopter error. I herewith attach the notepad.

Kindly give some solution.

With regards
Malar.d
Re: Connectivity - sql*plus to Reports [message #157788 is a reply to message #157707] Mon, 06 February 2006 00:53 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What WAS the protocol adapter error? Always give both the message number and message text.

David
Previous Topic: Two layouts in one Report and one query.
Next Topic: Run Reports from Forms in Oracle 9i DS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 15:16:09 CDT 2024