Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Query regarding Parameters
Query regarding Parameters [message #158447] Sat, 11 February 2006 01:54 Go to next message
sirishay
hai all,
I am working on Reports 2.5.
I have a report with 2 parameters for eg: 'Dept' and 'Emp',
now my requirement is if i select a particular deptno say '10' from the drop-down list of the 'Dept' parameter, then the corresponding Emp No's should be displayed in the drop-down list of the Emp parameter.

eg: If dept = 10
emp = 7539
= 7428

If dept = 20
emp = 7679
= 7888
= 7969 and so on....

Plz let me know how do we do that?

Thanks and Regards,
siri.

Re: Query regarding Parameters [message #159251 is a reply to message #158447] Fri, 17 February 2006 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirishay
hai everyone,
anybody has solution for my query?
all your valuable suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks n Regards,
Siri.
Re: Query regarding Parameters [message #164079 is a reply to message #158447] Tue, 21 March 2006 12:42 Go to previous message
spinky
Hi siri,

Plz do look into the below response posted in Metalink :

Sub:Restriction of parameter values in parameter Form builder

In case if you want to restrict the LOV, useing a bind variable in the 2nd bind parameters LOV, then you need to call the reports from the forms.
Create a form which contains the parameters to be passed to the to run the report.
In the list of values of those parameters in the form create LOVs; depending upon the 1st parameter value you can restrict the list of values of the 2nd parameter.
You cannot reference the first bind parameter in the 2nd bind parameters list of value to narrow down the values retrieved by this list of values directly from the reports.

Hope this helps..
Thanks,
Pinky
Previous Topic: Discoverer Environment Migration
Next Topic: Print only odd page numbers in the report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 15:45:09 CDT 2024