Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Pre-requisites for Getting Trained in Oracle Applications!!  () 1 Vote
Pre-requisites for Getting Trained in Oracle Applications!! [message #161733] Mon, 06 March 2006 22:47 Go to next message
theertha
Hi All,

I need full details on which module i can choose to start a career in Oracle Applications.
Basically i am a civil engineer turned software engineer and so would like to know pre-requisites for each module.
I am working as a software engineer with strong hold on Oracle PL/SQL.
Also would like to know the future of Oracle Applications in US and the middle east.
Best Wishes
Theertha
Re: Pre-requisites for Getting Trained in Oracle Applications!! [message #161848 is a reply to message #161733] Tue, 07 March 2006 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
singhar
You can choose any modules in which u r comfortable preferably Manufacturing,SCM,CRM etc.Since ur a enginer I dont think you should opt for Finance module.
Its always advisable to go for those modules in which you have some domain expereince.
Re: Pre-requisites for Getting Trained in Oracle Applications!! [message #161907 is a reply to message #161848] Tue, 07 March 2006 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theertha
Thanks Singh/Ajay,i shall go with CRM.
Re: Pre-requisites for Getting Trained in Oracle Applications!! [message #162654 is a reply to message #161733] Sun, 12 March 2006 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theertha
anybody,please answer this question.
Re: Pre-requisites for Getting Trained in Oracle Applications!! [message #162919 is a reply to message #161733] Tue, 14 March 2006 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vban2000
agreed. Oracle Finanical requires some Accounting background.

so, the best option is to go for SCM or CRM, Oracle HR system. perhaps, you can also consider to be Oracle Application Administrator (this will be a BIG PLUS, since you already know pl/sql).

Hopt this helps.

regards
AnDy
Oracle Apps Career [message #167050 is a reply to message #162919] Tue, 11 April 2006 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sriram_iyengar

Career in Oracle Apps
=====================

Friends

The scope for oracle crm market is not very bright. The opening in financials is very difficult for freshers. You can choose manufacturing or distribution. If you are not comfortable then choose HRMS whcih is very hot now.

Domain knowledge always helps and also required.

Those with some technical background can get into Technical consultancy where the competetion is very less.

Those who already have some Databse administrator experience can try for APPS DBA consultant and the salaries are sky rocketing.
Re: Pre-requisites for Getting Trained in Oracle Applications!! [message #167096 is a reply to message #161733] Tue, 11 April 2006 05:38 Go to previous message
gogula77
HI,

Since you have strong knowledge of PLSQL, you can learn Technical Modules like AOL, SA etc.. For these modules you need to learn Developer 6i/9i (ie forms 6i and Reports 6i).

Apps DBAs are getting very good package.You can also choose Apps DBA route.

I dont suggest Functional modules (like CRM, HR or Fin) because all these modules need domain knowledge.

I feel that the market for Oracle (in US, and middle east ) will be very good in the future. Oracle Corp is in acquisition mode. So the demand will be very high for Oracle professionals.

All the best

Regards

Gogula
Previous Topic: Implimentation Methodology
Next Topic: Oracle apps upgrade assessment ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 16:38:00 CDT 2024