Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Width field in property inspector in read only
Width field in property inspector in read only [message #165485] Thu, 30 March 2006 09:37 Go to next message
khask999
I'm using Oracle Reports Builder from Oracle Development Suite 10g.

I'm working with report that is already created and when I double-click on the Data Model icon the Report Editor - Data Model screen comes up. I then double-click on a box named Q_SUM that opens up the SQL Query Statment Box and my query is:

select sum(m10_value_comit),
m10_m23_piin_call_nr
from m10_document_nr
group by m10_m23_piin_call_nr

and another box is created called G_SUM that holds the fields from the query.

The field created from sum(m10_value_comit) has a width of 38 in the property inspector and it is read-only, is there any way that I can make the width property editable in the property inspector?

Thanks,
KSH

Re: Width field in property inspector in read only [message #165523 is a reply to message #165485] Thu, 30 March 2006 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I *think* that it means that the datatype of this field is NUMBER(38) - the maximum NUMBER length in Oracle. It, really, means nothing much to you - if nothing else, it makes you sure you won't get out of space.
To adjust it according to your needs, change FORMAT (for example, 999,990.00) used to display the selected value.
Re: Width field in property inspector in read only [message #165679 is a reply to message #165485] Fri, 31 March 2006 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khask999
Thanks for your reply, I should have provided some more information.

The original format mask was NNNNNNNN0.00, I changed it to 999,990.00 and the field is still uneditable
( as is Column Type = Database - Scalar
and Datatype = Number ).
I tried about 10 different formats and still the same.

The m10_value_comit field is defined as Number(9,2) in the database. I think the sum function may be doing something but I'm not sure...

KSH
Re: Width field in property inspector in read only [message #165773 is a reply to message #165679] Sat, 01 April 2006 13:13 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It appears I didn't understand your question; what do you mean by "read only" and "uneditable"? Would you like to stretch this field? If so, don't try to do it in Data Model, but in Paper Layout; click on the field and drag black squares to set the desired width. Flex and Confine should be set to ON.
Previous Topic: Oracle Developer Suite 10g
Next Topic: Automatic reports in Discoverer 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 15:33:57 CDT 2024