Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » please help me
icon9.gif  please help me [message #165764] Sat, 01 April 2006 08:56 Go to next message
sonali_apps21
hi i am new to apps and i want to know abt conversion and interface programing.i have not been able to find much about these subjects.especially about validation thats we perform.could somebody please help me.
thanks in advance.
sonali
Re: please help me [message #165854 is a reply to message #165764] Mon, 03 April 2006 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pallavigs
Hi,

Difference between Conversions/Interface:-

1.Conversion is one time job.
2.Interface happens at regular intervals.

Interface has two division a)Inbound Interface and 2)Outbound interface.

The validation mainly happens in Inbound interface.It can be possible in outbound interface also but minimle.

Hope this answers you.

Pal.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 April 2006 02:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: please help me [message #165861 is a reply to message #165764] Mon, 03 April 2006 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonali_apps21
hi pallavi,
thanku so much for taking time out of ur busy life and clarifying my concepts.i would really be oblifed if u cud get me some example package or procedure that is used for validation and/or conversion purpose...like its done on real time.eagarly waiting for your reply.thanku once again...
cheers
sonali
Re: please help me [message #166248 is a reply to message #165764] Wed, 05 April 2006 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sagar007
HI.....
VALIDTAION OF DATA IS BEING DONE TWO TIMES....
(1.)
SUPPOSE YOU ARE TRANSFERRING THE DATA FROM LEGACY SYSTEM(A SYSTEM WHICH IS NOT A PRODUCT OF ORACLE CORP OR SOME TIMES CALLED A THIRD PARTY SYSTEM OR NOT A PART OF ORACLE APPLICATIONS) ,WHICH IS A FLATFILE.
IN THAT CASE YOU WILL WRITE AN INBOUND INTERFACE ,THAT WILL TRANSFER THE DATA FROM FLAT FILE TO SOME STAGING TABLE(WHICH IS QUITE SIMILER TO INTERFACE TABLE ,SAY GL_INTERFACE).
STAGING TABLE IS CREATED COZ IT IS RECOMENDED NOT THE HIT /TRANSFER THE DATA DIRECTLY TO BASE TABLES /PRODUCTION TABLES.FROM STAGING TO INTERFACE TABLE WE WRITE VALIDATION PROGRAM THAT CHECKS THE VALIDITY OF THE DATA, LIKE VALID CURRENCY,VALID SET_OF_BOOKS_ID ETC.

(2.)AFTER THE DATA IS IN INTERFACE IF THERE IS IMPORT PROGRAM TO TRANSFER THE DATA FROM INTERFACE TABLE TO BASE THEN WE RUN IMPORT PROGRAM( SAY JOURNAL IMPORT), WHCIH ITSELF TAKE CARE OF VALIDATIONS.IF THERE IS NO IMPORT PROGRAM SPECIFIED BY THE APPLICATION THEN WE DO WRITE IMPORT PROGRAM WITH THE HELP OF APIs.

I THINK IT WILL HELP U LITTLE BIT ,IF U MORE DOUBT THEN DO WRITE AGAIN
Re: please help me [message #166300 is a reply to message #165764] Wed, 05 April 2006 11:19 Go to previous message
sonali_apps21
hi Sagar,

Thanku for taking time out and giving such a wonderful explanation.that does makes things very much clear for me.what i have understood is that we take the data in staging tables and then perform some validations depending upon the module and in case some api's are available we use those apis.correct me if i'm wrong.
the thing is that i have tried and i am not able to write a working program.if possible could u please provide me with a real script sotht i can know how he program looks like exactly....
thanks once again.
cheers
sonali
Previous Topic: how to increase a field's lenght on apps form
Next Topic: how to create own org...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 17:01:00 CDT 2024