Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Understanding the Accounting Flexfield from scratch
Understanding the Accounting Flexfield from scratch [message #165864] Mon, 03 April 2006 02:35 Go to next message
Lachmi
Hi,
I would like to understand how to build up a Accounting Flex field structure from scratch i.e. from Set_of_books stage. Also I would like to know the tables used for each & their dependencies & stanard lookup values.

Secondly, I need ERD for all the FND tables storing the accounting flex field informations starting from Rollup A/c to the parent a/c and down to the last sub a/c.

Thanks in advance
Re: Understanding the Accounting Flexfield from scratch [message #165944 is a reply to message #165864] Mon, 03 April 2006 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
You might want to take a look at the "Oracle Applications
Flexfields Guide
", Chapter 2, "Planning and Defining Key Flexfields".

If you don't have a copy of this manual, you can download it from here.

Cool HTH

David.
Re: Understanding the Accounting Flexfield from scratch [message #165993 is a reply to message #165944] Mon, 03 April 2006 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lachmi
Thanks David.
Re: Understanding the Accounting Flexfield from scratch [message #166267 is a reply to message #165993] Wed, 05 April 2006 08:21 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
Sorry, I forgot to mention that you might also want to look at the eTRM (electronic Technical Reference Manuals) which can be found on MetaLink.

If you haven't got a logon for MetaLink, you should really get one. All you need is your Support Identifier - talk to your APPS DBA who can probably tell you what it is. There is a frightening amount of information on all things Oracle on MetaLink.

Cool HTH

David.
Previous Topic: Quick Codes
Next Topic: how to increase a field's lenght on apps form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 14:25:55 CDT 2024