Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Keyboard Overriding Values
Keyboard Overriding Values [message #166321] Wed, 05 April 2006 13:21 Go to next message
emule
Hi,

My users are having a serious problem which is not reproducable at will. If they try entering a sales order number, the first digit they enter gets overriden by the second. This happens sparadically.

Any thoughts?

Re: Keyboard Overriding Values [message #166456 is a reply to message #166321] Thu, 06 April 2006 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Now, I am not an expert on these things, but I think that it may be a timing issue.

I make extensive use of DataLoad during implementations to load lots of data into the Orcle Applications very quickly. However, I often find that it doesn't put the first piece of data into the first field (or rather, it does, but then it gets overridden with the second piece of data). To get around this problem, I put a "sleep for 1 second" command in front of each line of data. (DataLoad users will recognise this as *SL or *SL1.)

I can imagine that a fast data entry person could quite easily type data faster than the form can process it, and it might be that they have to "sleep for 1 second" before entering the Sales Order Number.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Keyboard Overriding Values [message #166457 is a reply to message #166456] Thu, 06 April 2006 06:59 Go to previous message
kittu915
very good explanation david..great.
Kittu.
Previous Topic: CLARIFY ORACLE ORDERS INTERFACE
Next Topic: function name in custom.pll
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 14:11:31 CDT 2024