Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Implementation Process
icon1.gif  Implementation Process [message #168244] Wed, 19 April 2006 07:44 Go to next message
Kuhu
Hi I’m newbie in the field of oracle apps. I have a specific query in my mind Say there is a client for whom i am doing the implementation. Say for instance its a group of 10 Companies based in US, UK, Australia and India, In India they have three companies. Say A, B and C now the implementation in US and UK is completed but not yet done in India and Australia , Now they want to implement it in India for their group co's, in that case from which phase of implementation i need to start, how do i plan for it since the apps is installed in US and UK, do i need to start with AS IS and TOBE process, or this will be just a roll out? If we need to start with the AS IS PROCESS do we consider all the legal entities and operating units? Or whether we define from, AS IS Process for every GRE Legal Entity/operating unit. With When we Start GRE Legal Entity do we consider the Operating units while defining the Current state analysis and Future state Designing? How do we start full life cycle implementation for operating units if the GRE Legal Entity is already set/implemented? This also come under multiorg setup? What precaution I’ll have to take while implementation
Re: Implementation Process [message #168295 is a reply to message #168244] Wed, 19 April 2006 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
I would suggest that you start by talking to the people who did the implementation in US and UK and asking them if they kept the India and Australia implementations in mind when they designed the US and UK system(s).

The project I am working on just now was planned from the start to be a GLOBAL implementation. Each country was involved in discussions / negotiations regarding their own requirements (both legal and conventional) and a GLOBAL design was evolved in the hope of meeting everybody's needs.

The US and UK project teams should be able to advise you whether you must (or can) follow their approach, and similarly whether you must (or can) reuse anything they have already done. Whatever you do, do not try to reinvent the wheel all on your own.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Implementation Process [message #168349 is a reply to message #168244] Wed, 19 April 2006 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manojr
hi,

I have faced same problem when i was new in oracle applications.
I have a friend of mine who is working in oracle apps from past 6 Years how guided me on the same issue.

If possible provide me your mail id and i will forward you the discussion which i had with him.

Regards

Manoj

Re: Implementation Process [message #168350 is a reply to message #168244] Wed, 19 April 2006 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manojr
hi,

I have faced same problem when i was new in oracle applications.
I have a friend of mine who is working in oracle apps from past 6 Years how guided me on the same issue.

If possible provide me your mail id and i will forward you the discussion which i had with him.

Regards

Manoj
Re: Implementation Process [message #168641 is a reply to message #168295] Fri, 21 April 2006 07:37 Go to previous message
Kuhu
David
Hi,
First of all thanks for your immidiate and valuable suggestions. We recd RD100 doc from our us counterpart, hope so that'l solve my problem.
Previous Topic: Payment in Alternate Name
Next Topic: Please answer these questions.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 10:11:16 CDT 2024