Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » DESFORMAT=XML viewed using EXCEL
DESFORMAT=XML viewed using EXCEL [message #168310] Wed, 19 April 2006 14:02 Go to next message
atagore
Hey,

ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?

Scenario:
1.Run RDF report in IE browser with DESFORMAT=XML
2.Save the resulting output on Workstation Desktop
3.Open this output file using EXCEL
Problem:
The Select-List columns appear in alphabetical order when viewed in EXCEL

I TRIED DESFORMAT=XML BECAUSE DESFORMAT=SpreadSheet PRODUCED OUTPUT WITH VERY BAD FORMATING...ROWS NOT ALIGNED...COLUMN HEADINGS SKEWED...LOTS OF BLANK ROWS....LOTS OF BLANK COLUMNS...etc...etc...

I really need DESFORMAT=SpreadSheet to work...

Comments/Suggestions appreciated!
Re: DESFORMAT=XML viewed using EXCEL [message #168434 is a reply to message #168310] Thu, 20 April 2006 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bsmith18
Why not DESFORMAT=DELIMITED or DESFORMAT=DELIMITED DATA ?

The latter is used for large volume reports into a delimited format. Not sure how big your report is. If your intending to use Excel then I'm sure it is less than 65536 rows. Excel can open a delimited file and easily parse with no problem and should resolve your formatting issue.
Re: DESFORMAT=XML viewed using EXCEL [message #168448 is a reply to message #168434] Thu, 20 April 2006 08:44 Go to previous message
atagore
Works 4 U?
Does not work for me...

DESFORMAT=delimited
DESTYPE=Cache
produces output having report title, report columns, "page 1 of 3", etc, as line items on EACH row of output.

DESFORMAT=delimiteddata
DESTYPE=Cache
produces a report in the browser window, which looks better.
Unfortunately, when I do FILE==>SAVE to my Desktop and then open this output file in EXCEL 2002 all of the report columns appear in COLUMN A of the EXCEL spreadsheet

Question:
What do you do that is different?
Previous Topic: Compatibility of Oracle Reports 10g with Oracle 8i database
Next Topic: bitmap_mode help!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 04:30:33 CDT 2024