Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Configuration of Item characteristic
icon14.gif  Configuration of Item characteristic [message #168815] Sun, 23 April 2006 05:13
APPSUSER
Dewar All

I need to get the item charactersitics from the customer and use configuration to build the job as per the customer requirements.

TASK :
To configure the Finished Product characteristic using oracle applications

The Finished products characters/specifications are like Length, Density, Thickness and width

For example
The finished product is Fiber Glass Blanket.
Order qty=2798.4 m2
The product values specified by the customer are
Thickness = 0.050 meters
Length=1 meters
Width =1.2 meters
Density = 48 kg m3

In order management the above characters are configurable by the customers as per their requirements. So while booking the order, the sales person selects the configuration tab the pop up window should open and accept the characteristics values of the product.

Using the inputs the following should be calculated.

1) Convert the order qty in sqm to find out the no of rolls

No of rolls= order qty in sq meter/L*w= (2798.4/1*1.2)=2332 rolls are required.

2) Find out the weight of the each roll
Thickness *length*width*density = (0.050*1*1.2*48) = 2.88kgs

3) Calculate the finished weight of the product
No of rolls * weight of the rolls= 2332 *2.88=6716.16 kgs.

When the configuration is created, the weight of the finished product is calculated by the system and is used as qty required in kgs. Based on this weight the qty of the child components are calculated.

Normally the BOM for the finished product and semi finished products are defined for the base qty of 1000 kgs in the system. If the weight is above 1000 kgs the required qty increases above the base qty, similarly when the qty is less than 1000 kgs the required qty decreases below the base qty.

At present Oracle Standard applications supports only the configuration of items, not the configuration of ITEM characteristics. CAN ANY ONE GUIDE ME HOW TO APPROACH TO THIS CASE.
Previous Topic: how can i use of HR_POSITION_API.create_position
Next Topic: Oracle apps technical- links to relevant documentation?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 09:30:00 CDT 2024