Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Custom forms failing to run
Custom forms failing to run [message #169323] Wed, 26 April 2006 04:58 Go to next message
Lachmi
Hi,

I have done the folowing series of activities to create a customized form
1. Downloaded the TEMPLATE.fmb from the AU_top to my PC along with the required Libraries.
2. renamed it
3. Created the interface block,canvas,window & written the necessary codes strictly adhering to the coding standards as provided in the Dev. Guide.
4. Successfully compiled it.

However, I am unable to run it in the dev environment. It doesn't give any error only shows a few popups with the message "Please acknowledge message" & on doing that, the runtime closes.

Will it only run after I upload it in Apps Server & register it ? Can I not test this form in forms6i runtime ?

Thanks in advance

Re: Custom forms failing to run [message #169514 is a reply to message #169323] Thu, 27 April 2006 06:42 Go to previous message
fakhar55
hi lachmi,
you cannot run the template form(your modified form) from dev6i environment. You will have to register it with applications and call the form through applications. You can consult system administration guide for registering a form and calling it through some menu. I can summarize the procedure here as
1-copy the fmb to apps node.
2-register the form through application developer responsibility.
3- register a function that will call the form through App Dev responsibility.
4- Add the function to some menu in an existing responsibility to call the form. You can create your own menu for this and assign it to one.
in case of any query you can consult me..
Previous Topic: WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD event in custom.pll does not work
Next Topic: API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 12:15:43 CDT 2024