Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle11i - Sys Admin
Oracle11i - Sys Admin [message #169852] Sat, 29 April 2006 07:57 Go to next message
annacol
Hi

I would like to knwo how to remove a user from oracle application. I knew how deactivate a responsibility assigned to a user but wants to know how to remove a user

Thanking you in advance

Anna
Re: Oracle11i - Sys Admin [message #170061 is a reply to message #169852] Mon, 01 May 2006 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manwadkar

You can not delete Oracle application user and also not supposed to. User's user_id propogates into multiple tables in Oracle apps and created_by and last_updated_by and also with as a transaction data. So it is not recommended to delete user. If you really want to delete it then can do it from backend. Before this you need to clean up referenced table to have consistent data.
Re: Oracle11i - Sys Admin [message #170080 is a reply to message #169852] Tue, 02 May 2006 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tgs100
Hi annacol,

You need to ask yourself, the purpose of deleting the user from oracle apps. If the purpose is solved by workaround procedure, why do you want to delete the user?

You can give "effective to" date in the user definition screen so that the user is deactivated. You can also deactivate the user by deactivating all the responsibilities.

Deleting the user thro' front end is not possible. Even though it is possible to delete the user thro' backend, it is not advisable to do so.

May be you can try deleting the user thro' backend in your test instance.

Razz Sara

Re: Oracle11i - Sys Admin [message #170527 is a reply to message #169852] Thu, 04 May 2006 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
I agree. You cannot delete a user through the forms, because the userid is recorded against any transactions the user has performed.

Instead of trying to delete the use, simply enter an Effective To Date on the "Users" form, on the right-hand side, half-way down. The user will then not be able to log on.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Oracle11i - Sys Admin [message #170650 is a reply to message #170527] Thu, 04 May 2006 11:26 Go to previous message
adragnes
Also, is it not nice to have an overview of who had access to the system when? Even if the user never created or updated any record in the database, I think it still would not be a good idea to delete the user. It would certainly not be something that would endear yourself to your auditors. Wink

--
Aleksander
Previous Topic: unposted irems in Receivables
Next Topic: Contracts Business Flow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 15:04:14 CDT 2024