Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Financials Learning
Financials Learning [message #169859] Sat, 29 April 2006 09:08 Go to next message
Natesh
Hi All,
I am learning (practicing) Oracle Fiancials based on Accpac experience.
I would like to know from where I should start the confugurations. Is it like,
Define Organisation - Fiancial year / calendar / period. and then
Define Account, segments, structures and combinations and then define chart of accounts.
Whether same logic holds good or diffrent in Oracle apps?

It would be helpful for me if anybody gives me steps document at User interface level (Forms)
Thanks in advance
Natesh
Re: Financials Learning [message #170542 is a reply to message #169859] Thu, 04 May 2006 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
RTFM (Read The Friendly Manual).

Each of the manuals has a "Setup" chapter which tells you what is required, not only within that application, but in other applications as well. I have attached a screenshot of the GL Setup Flowchart as an example.

All of the manuals are delivered with the rest of your software, and the first thing that I do on any project is ask the DBA if I can borrow the Applications Documentation CD, then I copy it onto the hard drive of the PC I will be using and set up a desktop shortcut to it.

If you can't find the CD, you can download the Applications Documentation from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html, but it is between 350MB and 700Mb so don't try to do it with a dial-up internet connection. Laughing

Cool HTH

David

Re: Financials Learning [message #171056 is a reply to message #169859] Mon, 08 May 2006 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
madhu_of

You can't download full version of Oracle 11i, You need to register.
I have software and full documentation that how to download. so please contact at madhu_of@yahoo.com

All the Best,
Thanks & Regards
Madhu.
Re: Financials Learning [message #171290 is a reply to message #171056] Tue, 09 May 2006 05:22 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
madhu_of wrote on Mon, 08 May 2006 08:27

You can't download full version of Oracle 11i, You need to register.

I hope that I didn't imply that you could download the whole of the Oracle Applications. What I said was that you could download the Oracle Applications Documentation.

Cool Hope that clears things up

David.
Previous Topic: how to migrate between different versiions of oracle apps
Next Topic: WIP JOB INTERFACE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 14:51:06 CDT 2024