Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Step for Purge Data
Step for Purge Data [message #170159] Tue, 02 May 2006 07:27 Go to next message
voralux
I have plan for purge data.
Please list step process and step check data for "Purge" : GL, AP(PO), OM, INV, AR, FA

Thank you
Re: Step for Purge Data [message #170216 is a reply to message #170159] Tue, 02 May 2006 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
How this is done is described in the user guides for the applications you mentioned. These can be downloaded from the Oracle Technology Network. Before purging production data be sure that you do not purge any data that has not been archived and which you required by law to have on hand.

Some people find the standard purging functionality in Oracle and use third-party solutions provided by companies such as OuterBay and Applimation.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Step for Purge Data [message #170292 is a reply to message #170159] Wed, 03 May 2006 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
voralux
I have plan test purge data by statdard function.
Please recommend, what the first module for purge data.
Re: Step for Purge Data [message #170315 is a reply to message #170292] Wed, 03 May 2006 05:01 Go to previous message
adragnes
I assume the reason you want to purge data is to limit the growth of your database. Given that it would make sense to start with the application with the most transactions. What that application is depends almost entirely on you organisation. You could try finding what tablespace is the largest and starting with the corresponding application.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Previous Topic: FormsLauncher
Next Topic: Urgent--regarding alerts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 09:29:45 CDT 2024