Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Payment format for EUR dollars
Payment format for EUR dollars [message #171645] Wed, 10 May 2006 17:51 Go to next message
ljpviper
We are going to open a new entity in Great Britain in the near future.

I am going to create a seperate SOB in EUR currency. We will also
be processing checks in EUR dollars.

Does anyone know the payment format to use for EUR currency so I can attach it to the bank account.
Re: Payment format for EUR dollars [message #171680 is a reply to message #171645] Thu, 11 May 2006 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manojr
Hi,

You will have to attach the patch for EURO if you want to use it as Currency.
I dont know the patch name but you can find it from Metalink

Regards

Manoj Ralegankar
Re: Payment format for EUR dollars [message #171815 is a reply to message #171645] Thu, 11 May 2006 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
ljpviper wrote on Wed, 10 May 2006 23:51

We are going to open a new entity in Great Britain in the near future.

I am going to create a seperate SOB in EUR currency. We will also
be processing checks in EUR dollars.

Although you do not state it categorically, the implication of your question is that the SOB in EUR currency is for the new entity in Great Britain. If that is the case, then here are two items you might want to consider:

Arrow Great Britain is not part of the Euro Zone. Internally we still work in GBP (Great British Pounds) or Sterling, as it is more commonly called. Although we trade with our European colleagues in EUR, and with our USA colleagues in USD, our functional currency is (almost) always GBP. If your new entity is going to buy and sell goods and/or services within Great Britain, your suppliers will want to invoice you and be paid in GBP and your customers will expect to be invoiced and pay you in GBP.
Arrow There is no such thing as a EUR dollar or a Euro dollar or a European dollar. The currency is called the Euro and the short code in Oracle is EUR. The Euro is divided into 100 cents, but it is never called a dollar by anybody in Europe.

Cool HTH

David.
Re: Payment format for EUR dollars [message #171817 is a reply to message #171680] Thu, 11 May 2006 10:36 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
manojr wrote on Thu, 11 May 2006 06:39

You will have to attach the patch for EURO if you want to use it as Currency.

I am not sure whether the Euro Patch is still required. I think that it has now been incorporated into the base system, but it would be worth checking MetaLink, as you say, Manoj.

Cool HTH

David
Previous Topic: please help me
Next Topic: How to create own organisation in inventory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 14:02:09 CDT 2024