Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » User Connected to Discoverer
icon5.gif  User Connected to Discoverer [message #172899] Thu, 18 May 2006 09:49 Go to next message
serafo
Goor Morning.

I am a newbie with discoverer. I want to know if it's possible to capture the user connected to discoverer, for example , to filter the dataset.

Thanks very much.

Ser@fo
Re: User Connected to Discoverer [message #173443 is a reply to message #172899] Mon, 22 May 2006 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Use calculations, functions and then "general", there you'll find a standard Discoverer function user.

Regards,
Sabine
Re: User Connected to Discoverer [message #173510 is a reply to message #173443] Mon, 22 May 2006 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
serafo
Sabine thanks for answer.

I got the calculation with the user function ( I have not found any documentacion, I guess I can use the userenv too)

Now, I have my data group by Departaments. There is a manager for each Departaments. What I want is that to filter the data in the report according to the user connected. For Example: if user who is manager of department 1 is connected to see the report, the report must show only the information about his Departament.

Then if user who is Manager of Department 2 is connected to see the report, the report must show only the information about his Departament. Ans so on.

I am afraid I will have to create a table to relate every Oracle user con every departament, but I don't know how to filter de data dinamically.

Thank u very much!!!!

Ser@fo

Re: User Connected to Discoverer [message #173541 is a reply to message #173510] Tue, 23 May 2006 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Hi Serafo,

From your remark about userenv, I guess that you're working on an apps database, is that correct?

If so, then you can relate the (EBS/apps) user to a department. It's a long way, involving a lot of tables Wink but you should be able to figure it out using the eTRM documentation. It's something like fnd_users, hz_parties, hz_organization_units.

If not, indeed you should create a table linking the user names with departments.

Regards,
Sabine

PS Once you got the department and having trouble creating the filter, let me know.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 May 2006 01:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: User Connected to Discoverer [message #174191 is a reply to message #173541] Fri, 26 May 2006 07:06 Go to previous message
serafo
Hi Sabine .

It works! Thaks very much!

Ser@fo
Previous Topic: Create lines in Matrix Reports
Next Topic: err in drill down report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 02:54:58 CDT 2024