Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Is there a way to remove a concurrent program that is no longer needed?
Is there a way to remove a concurrent program that is no longer needed? [message #178567] Wed, 21 June 2006 09:35 Go to next message
rbertrand
I've created several concurrent programs that were for testing and now would like to delete them. Since its not possible to delete them on the front end, would it be safe to remove them from the fnd_concurrent_programs table? I've searched the archives on this site and didn't find any reference to this situation. Thanks in advance!
Re: Is there a way to remove a concurrent program that is no longer needed? [message #178596 is a reply to message #178567] Wed, 21 June 2006 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Rufus,

Many tables have more than the usual four who-columns, when created and who by, when last updated and who by, including one with the concurrent program identifier. Deleting the concurrent program would break the referential integrity and remove this piece of auditability. The last could potentially be a compliance problem. The same would be true for the table holding concurrent requests, but that is not quite as important as this is probably something you purge from time to time anyway.

Instead, may I suggest you just disable the concurrent programs in question? This will ensure that it no longer can be run, and it will no longer show up in the list of possible programs and reports to be run.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Is there a way to remove a concurrent program that is no longer needed? [message #178602 is a reply to message #178596] Wed, 21 June 2006 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbertrand
very good. Just wanted some experienced advice on the matter. Thanks for your explanation!
Re: Is there a way to remove a concurrent program that is no longer needed? [message #178880 is a reply to message #178602] Fri, 23 June 2006 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
If those programs are not in production, you can delete them with FND_PROGRAM API (delete program first and then delete executable).
It can be useful if you want to create them in production with a specific name (already used).
Re: Is there a way to remove a concurrent program that is no longer needed? [message #178961 is a reply to message #178880] Fri, 23 June 2006 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbertrand
yes, the program is in a test instance. So in production, would you feel ok about using this api to delete a program? Does it remove all links to other tables, etc., for this program?
Re: Is there a way to remove a concurrent program that is no longer needed? [message #178962 is a reply to message #178596] Fri, 23 June 2006 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbertrand
so the table holding these program should be purged from time to time? What utility should we use to do this purge?
Re: Is there a way to remove a concurrent program that is no longer needed? [message #178994 is a reply to message #178962] Fri, 23 June 2006 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
I see no point in deleting a concurrent program in production.

Also you didn't tell us if you are talking of a standard program (customized) or an entirely custom program.
For a custom concurrent report for example, I don't think concurrent program identifier will be store any where unless you do it yourself.

You might have this identifier only in concurrent requests table but concurrent requests table are usually purged frequently so you may purge a concurrent program without referential integrity problems as there is no lines in concurrent requests table linked to that concurrent program(if all those rows are already purged or if you didn't run any request).

Generally it is not recommended to purge a program in production. Also you might need to check data in the future when there is a problem. Normally even program codes should be archived.
The only link is those with concurrent requests. As I say, you should not delete in production a program if there are lines in concurrent requests tables (if you have already run request with this program). FND_PROGRAM will not delete lines in FND_CONCURRENT_REQUESTS.

You can purge concurrent requests with FNDCPPUR concurrent programs. For example, we are running this program every day in other to maintain only 60 days of requests.

I don't know if you really need to purge those programs but can either use tools/examine or FND_PROGRAM API when you need to create a new program and want to use an existing program name (provided the old one is not used). I usually use FNDLOAD or FND_PROGRAM to create programs in production that's why I always prefer to have to good name for my programs in dev instance.
Re: Is there a way to remove a concurrent program that is no longer needed? [message #179258 is a reply to message #178994] Mon, 26 June 2006 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbertrand
very good. Thanks for shedding some light on the concurrent manager/program world. The program I am referring is in our test instance.
Re: Is there a way to remove a concurrent program that is no longer needed? [message #179259 is a reply to message #178994] Mon, 26 June 2006 09:12 Go to previous message
rbertrand
sorry, I forgot to mention that it is a custom program.
Previous Topic: What Path Concurrent File?
Next Topic: doubt on AOC number
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 20:49:24 CDT 2024