Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Output CSV format file for aging report in AR
Output CSV format file for aging report in AR [message #178876] Fri, 23 June 2006 04:33 Go to next message
marco118
Dear all

May I know is there any way to output CSV file for Request report such as Aging, Account analysis?

OF version 11.0.2
DB 8.0.5

Many Thanks!

best regards
Marco
Re: Output CSV format file for aging report in AR [message #178934 is a reply to message #178876] Fri, 23 June 2006 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
You can customize the standard reports and collect for example all results in a custom table. After a simple sql spool or pl/sql dbms_output should help to produce csv file.
Re: Output CSV format file for aging report in AR [message #178942 is a reply to message #178876] Fri, 23 June 2006 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marco118
HI ngouadjeu
May I know is that related to Oracle Report to extract the sql statment?

thanks
Marco
Re: Output CSV format file for aging report in AR [message #178958 is a reply to message #178942] Fri, 23 June 2006 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
Once the results are in a custom table (you will to do insert in the custom report), you can call another concurrent program (type sql – for dbms_output or pl/sql – for FND_FILE) in the After Report Trigger.
If you want you can also create a request set (this solution supposes you are using two concurrent programs to accomplish this task).
If want to use only reports, you can always concatenate alls columns of the custom table including ';' (using a formula for example) and print the result in the layout.
That's only a suggestion. You can surely accomplish this work differently.
icon10.gif  Re: Output CSV format file for aging report in AR [message #178995 is a reply to message #178958] Fri, 23 June 2006 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marco118
Thanks you so much and you are so detail to explain everything!

Again , Many Thanks !ngouadjeu
Re: Output CSV format file for aging report in AR [message #179044 is a reply to message #178995] Sat, 24 June 2006 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
I think it is better to do it this way rather than rewriting all the codes(it could not be simple).
For insert, you can do it in the format trigger of the appropriate repeating frame. You should use concurrent_request_id (insert it in the first program and select only rows which have the correct request_id on the second program) in other to have the good results if two person or more launch the request at the same time (or define appropriate incompatibility to avoid errors – the first solution with request_id is better).
Re: Output CSV format file for aging report in AR [message #179196 is a reply to message #178876] Mon, 26 June 2006 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
If:-
1.) you do not want to recode the report, and
2.) you want to be able to have all of the reports available in CSV format and
3.) you do not mind having the page headings in your CSV file,
then you could consider opening the report output in a viewer other than the standard report viewer or your browser.

Log in to MetaLink and search for INSTALL and "VIEWER OPTIONS" which will display several articles, my favourite (so far) being Note:178133.1 However, there is a small error in this article, where there are two lines that both say:

Text application/vnd.msexcel 11i
when they should say

Text application/vnd.ms-excel 11i
the difference being the hyphen (-).

I said that my favourite (so far) was Note:178133.1 but I haven't yet had time to read Note:316752.1 properly, except to find that
1.) it says that it applies to 11.5.10 and
2.) it looks worth reading

There is a certain amount of information in the System Administrator's Guide, but I think that it is a bit sketchy, and the articles on MetaLink are much more detailed.

Cool HTH

David.

icon14.gif  Re: Output CSV format file for aging report in AR [message #179324 is a reply to message #178876] Mon, 26 June 2006 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marco118
Hi David

You provided a very detail note and Much more helpful than Oracle support. Razz

I tried your both suggestions, however, in my Oracle Financial 11.0.2 , there are no Install => viewer option in "system administrator form" Embarassed

Anyway, the metalink document is very helpful,
Again, Thanks you so much !

Best Regards
Marco
Re: Output CSV format file for aging report in AR [message #179376 is a reply to message #179324] Tue, 27 June 2006 04:20 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
Razz No problem. You are welcome.

Embarassed Sorry, I didn't spot your version number in your first post. Take a look in the System Administrator's Guide for 11.0.2 and see if there is anything there about viewing report output.

Idea If you don't have a copy of the System Administrator's Guide for 11.0.2, it can be downloaded, with all of the other Applications Documentation from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html

Confused It is about 8 or 9 years since I worked on 11.0.2. Don't you think that it is about time you upgraded to 11.5?

Cool HTH

David
Previous Topic: Extended warranty
Next Topic: Account KeyFlexfield Validations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 19:09:44 CDT 2024