Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Deleting Journal entries from backend
Deleting Journal entries from backend [message #179134] Sun, 25 June 2006 23:38 Go to next message
fakhar55
hi all,
I want to delete some journal entries in General Ledger from back end. For which tables I have to care for except gl_je_headers and gl_je_lines. How to do this if some of the jv's are in posted state and the periods are also closed.......
Any help greatly appreciated....
regards
fakhar.
Re: Deleting Journal entries from backend [message #179170 is a reply to message #179134] Mon, 26 June 2006 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
Why do you want to delete journal entries ?
Do you know Oracle recommend "Do Not Use Database Tools to Modify Oracle Applications Data"
Re: Deleting Journal entries from backend [message #179180 is a reply to message #179170] Mon, 26 June 2006 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fakhar55
yeh I know the consequences of deleting data from database. But still there are some situations where u have to by pass standards.
Waiting for ur positive response in this regard if you can.......................
Re: Deleting Journal entries from backend [message #179189 is a reply to message #179180] Mon, 26 June 2006 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
What do you mean by consequences?
by pass standards or by pass law ?
Delete posted lines is forbidden. Look for a different solution.
icon4.gif  Re: Deleting Journal entries from backend [message #179211 is a reply to message #179134] Mon, 26 June 2006 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Before you delete any journals from your Production GL, be sure to discuss the implications with your external auditors (and internal auditors, if you have them) as well as senior members of the Finance department. Failure to do so might possibly result in criminal procedings against you, dependant on the country you work in. Also make sure that both the head of Finance and the head of IT are aware of you intended actions, and have given their approval in writing, if you want to avoid the risk of losing your job.

Instead of deleting journals, you might want to take a look at the Oracle-supplied PURGE facilities. Please refer to the General Ledger User's Guide. If you don't have a copy of the General Ledger User's Guide, it can be downloaded, with all of the other Applications Documentation from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html

Cool HTH

David.
Re: Deleting Journal entries from backend [message #179675 is a reply to message #179134] Wed, 28 June 2006 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fakhar55
Thanks all for your responses! a harsh bit. Actually the prob is that from our legacy systems data have been posted to gl twice or thrice through GL Interface in some cases. It is recognized now. AS per our discussions with Finance Dept instead of making adjustments for that data, they were very much willing to delete the data(duplicate lines) from back end if possible without involving further ambiguities. I work in the world's most renowned industry sector and We know very well about laws and auditors requirements.
Thanks all for your responses once again....
fakhar.
Re: Deleting Journal entries from backend [message #179692 is a reply to message #179675] Wed, 28 June 2006 07:51 Go to previous message
agostino_neto
Strange and surprising solution. Be sure to avoid data corruption if you decide to do that.
Even the absence of some header_id in the database is the proof that something strange happened to the database.
What about printed balances? For me you will always leave traces of such operation.
I am sure Finance department and application’s users can help you in this issue. They surely know what the consequences regarding data are. You are surely missing at least three tables.
Previous Topic: Oracle workflow basic
Next Topic: any body have GL,AP,AR FAQS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 20:53:21 CDT 2024