Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » interview queries on oracle financials
interview queries on oracle financials [message #185009] Sun, 30 July 2006 00:08 Go to next message
bhanu222
hi buddy,
This is bhanu nice meeting you, recently i went to an interview there i 've faced the following queries i've answered the queries but i didn't satisfy with my brief explanations ,i need apt&elobarated answers/ reasons so in that regard i need your help so that it can be usefull to me, plz forward the answers to my mailid:gbprasad@gmail.com
These are the queries:

1.What is the difference between accounting calander & inventory calander?
2.Explain the Business process?
3.What is Business group ,and draw the multi_org structure?
4.How do you implement multi org in oracle apps and at what level you will set up your set of books in it?
5.What is the difference between multi org set up and single org setup explain it genuinely?
6.When do you define keyflexfield in GL,how many segments you can define in a keyflexfield ,if I want more than 30 segments what will I do?
7.Explain whole inventory process upto GL accounting transactions?
8.How inventory is get connected with purchase order explain?
9.Why should I define an item in the master item table only?
10.Explain purchase order process upto payments?
11.When do you raise the purchase order?
12.What are the prerequisites of supplier setup?
13.What is the difference between supplier bank account & customer bank account?
14.Explain the payables process?elobrately
15.How many payment terms are there in payables?
16.How many payment methods are there in payables?
17.When do you raise the debit memo in the payables module?
18.What will I do if I assign one set of book instead of other set of book in payables?
19.Explain the recivables process? Elobrately
20.How do we segregate debit & credit transactions in Receivables and where we will you do it?

Re: interview queries on oracle financials [message #186475 is a reply to message #185009] Tue, 08 August 2006 02:01 Go to previous message
B.T.S.Ananth

Hi,

1.What is the difference between accounting calander & inventory calander?

Inventory Calender is a transaction calenter used for inventory transaction and shipping and accounting calender is used for financial usage like invoicing,cash dealing, creating journal, month end and year end process

5.What is the difference between multi org set up and single org setup explain it genuinely?

Let us take example uniler is a busines group in our country it is acting like hindustan lever limited and in other country uniliver srilanka,nippon lever in japan each organisation is reported to the business group and organisatin is operated in different country with different set of books this is called multi org
single org is operating in single country with single set of books

8.How inventory is get connected with purchase order explain?
inventory is connected when
1. Requisition is creation through planning
2. Receive the item for the purchase order
3. Creating purchase order while u receive the unordered material

9.Why should I define an item in the master item table only?

it is not mandatory that u should create only in master item but oracle is suggesting to create items only in item master. when ever u create a item in master it is easy keep records and for assigning the item to orther organisation. other wise it will be difficult to maintaing many item master. also will help to obtain the global availability

10.Explain purchase order process upto payments?

Genraly this cycle is called procure to pay cycle. u will purchase create a purchase order then received in the inventory the automaticaly by fixing the payon in supplier site level then payment is made for the invoice

11.When do you raise the purchase order?

purchase is raised when there is a demand in the inventory or the office daily usage product. the purchase order will be against the requisition. the requisition can be either item or service, according to there requirement(it can be either maual or through planning) the purchase order is created.

13.What is the difference between supplier bank account & customer bank account?
Generally supplier bank is used to pay and customer bank is to collect the money from the customer

16.How many payment methods are there in payables?

check, clearing, electronic. and wire
Previous Topic: Problem with ValueSet validation
Next Topic: APP-GME-82033 No POC data exists for this Batch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 03 01:18:16 CDT 2024