Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Problem with ValueSet validation
Problem with ValueSet validation [message #185744] Thu, 03 August 2006 06:38 Go to next message
deepayan
Dear all,

I have attached two fields in a DFF.One is "FROM DATE" & the other is "TO DATE".They are in date format.
"FROM DATE" uses one value set & "TO DATE" uses another value set.These value sets are of type date. User can give any date
provided that they must be of "DD-MON-YYYY" format.Upto this everything is working fine.
Now I want that, the values given in "TO DATE" field must be greater than or equal to values given in "FROM DATE".
How can I achieve that..?
I have tried a lot ,done some changes in validation types,but all in vain.

Please help...........
--Deepayan
Re: Problem with ValueSet validation [message #185953 is a reply to message #185744] Fri, 04 August 2006 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
Hi,
Did you try using the same value set - using Range 'Low' for "FROM DATE" and Range 'High' for "TO DATE" ?
---
If your two fields are mandatory, then you could also create one value set referencing the first one using $FLEX$. If value set for from date is referenced by that of to date, in this case, you will be always oblige to enter from date before to date to avoid errors
Re: Problem with ValueSet validation [message #186438 is a reply to message #185744] Tue, 08 August 2006 00:04 Go to previous message
B.T.S.Ananth

Hi,

here iam sending u the sample query.
the following query is to get the cutomer credit limit based on the previous field.

SELECT TRX_CREDIT_LIMIT
FROM HZ_CUST_PROFILE_AMTS CPA
WHERE CPA.CUST_ACCOUNT_ID IN
(SELECT RAL.CUSTOMER_ID
FROM OE_ORDER_HEADERS_ALL OHA,
RA_ADDRESSES_ALL RAL,
RA_CUSTOMERS RC
WHERE RC.CUSTOMER_NAME=:$FLEX$.MBC_Customer_Name
AND RC.CUSTOMER_ID=CPA.CUST_ACCOUNT_ID
)
Previous Topic: PO need to print in PDF format
Next Topic: interview queries on oracle financials