Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle report builder dynamic LOV
Oracle report builder dynamic LOV [message #192526] Tue, 12 September 2006 14:07 Go to next message
jmhc
Greetings:

I'm trying to create a dynamic list of values, which depends on the values of another field, here is the detail of my situation:

In my paper parameter form I have two parameter fields, the first one displays two values (manager and supervisor) and it is used for selecting the hierarchy level of employees, the second one is for select the employee by its name.

What I want to obtain is that when someone selects in the first field the manager value only appears in the second field the name of managers and when someone selects in the first field the supervisor value only appears in the second field the names of the supervisors.

I tried to use a lexical reference which i declared in the after parameter form trigger and then use it in the parameter list of values. Unfortunately I get error ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended.

Can somebody help me with this.

Thank you.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 September 2006 14:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle report builder dynamic LOV [message #193681 is a reply to message #192526] Mon, 18 September 2006 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wency

Sounds interesting. I googled it but found nothing. It that a stand alone report or run from form? It's easy to do it in forms.

Or does anybody here have done this before?
Re: Oracle report builder dynamic LOV [message #193785 is a reply to message #193681] Tue, 19 September 2006 07:09 Go to previous message
jmhc

Stand alone report
Previous Topic: reports heading displayed many times in excel
Next Topic: reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 05:50:15 CDT 2024