Home » Other » Marketplace » Oracle 11i Apps DBA - Dell, Inc. (Austin, TX, USA)
Oracle 11i Apps DBA - Dell, Inc. (Austin, TX, USA) [message #194575] Fri, 22 September 2006 15:19 Go to next message
Dell Recruiter

COMPANY OVERVIEW:

Dell Financial Services provides lease, loans and revolving credit services for Dell consumer and commercial customers. As a leader in the leasing, financing, disposition, and recovery of technology systems, we provide our customers with a single point of contact and accountability for their technology needs. By accessing Dell's worldwide online business model, we offer integrated order processing and tracking, outstanding customer service, and one-stop shopping for hardware, software, servers, workstations, and peripherals.

POSITION SUMMARY:

DFS is seeking a highly talented Oracle Apps DBA to provides advanced application strategy, planning, design, and implementation expertise for development teams working on next-generation Oracle Application 11i Financials solutions. You will develop Enterprise level IT application architecture solutions for Dell Financials. Work closely with System and Data Architects to provide the leadership, vision and direction for Oracle Applications technology solutions that meet Dell's business objectives.

PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Apply Oracle Applications patches and upgrades
• Troubleshoot Oracle Applications related issues
• Define and manage Oracle Applications concurrent managers and batch processing
• Define efficient use of SQL in various application methods
• Use diagnostic and performance tools to tune applications
• Perform archive and purging functions provided by Oracle Applications
• Install and administer the change control and version control software
• Works closely with the Oracle DBA and LINUX Administrator to ensure that the technical environment is in place and operational throughout the project
• Act as a liaison between the Database Administration staff, project development staff, and functional team
• Identify the basic Oracle 9i RAC/10g GRID architecture, database design concepts, data integrity constraint implementation and security issues as they relate to the implementation of applications
• Install and configure Oracle Applications including client software (Jinitiator and/or Oracle Applet)
• Identify the basic architecture underlying Oracle Applications, including critical tables, indexes and views
• Understand database sizing, index requirements and performance and optimizing issues

QUALIFICATIONS:
• Candidates should have strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux hardware, and Oracle Applications 11i administration utilities and patching.
• Must have a working foundation of relational and object databases, Oracle 9i RAC/10g GRID database platforms (Architecture, Configuration, Administration). Solid foundation in logical and physical database design.
• Strong knowledge of PL/SQL, extensive knowledge in globalization and localization design techniques and Enterprise database security techniques as related to Oracle 11i.
• Strong knowledge in Oracle application design and Web Services.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, and 8-10 years experience designing, developing and implementing Oracle 11i ERP solutions on UNIX/Linux platforms (must prove successful large enterprise deployments).
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Enterprise Architecture Frameworks including Globalization; Proven track record working with technical and business teams.
• Strong preference for candidates with CMM Level 2 or above experience.
• Proven team player.

Regular full-time position
Position located in Austin, TX
Relocation assistance provided

Please send resume to:
charles_todd@dell.com

[Updated on: Thu, 28 September 2006 06:15] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle 11i Apps DBA - Dell, Inc. (Austin, TX, USA) [message #231039 is a reply to message #194575] Fri, 13 April 2007 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fulcrum
Hi Charles,

I saw your requirement on the forum today and was wondering if you have any other positions open where you could consider one of my employees on a contractual basis. His name is Vijay.

<Vijay's information removed per his request>

Please feel free to ping on me if you need any other information and I will be very happy to share the same with you.

Regards,

Mala

Mala Sheshadri
Regional Manager - East Coast.
Fulcrum Logic Inc.
636| Morris Turnpike| Short Hills| NJ 07078
Phone| 973-379-3050 Ext. 300
Cell|973-303-7084
Fax|973-379-3266

Email|mala@fulcrumlogic.com

URL|www.fulcrumlogic.com

Outsourcing | Application Development | Strategic Resourcing

[EDITED by LF]

[Updated on: Tue, 16 December 2008 15:56] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle 11i Apps DBA - Dell, Inc. (Austin, TX, USA) [message #231088 is a reply to message #231039] Sat, 14 April 2007 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Very professional to see Vijay being offered to so many positions. If that were my cv...
Re: Oracle 11i Apps DBA - Dell, Inc. (Austin, TX, USA) [message #231338 is a reply to message #231088] Mon, 16 April 2007 10:38 Go to previous message
Fulcrum
Thank you. Would you have anything open or could you suggest something for him?

Regards

Mala
Previous Topic: Senior Oracle Technical Engineer for Global Investment Derivatives Group, based New York
Next Topic: Trainer assignments in Oracle applications.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:13:47 CDT 2024