Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Security / admin reports?
Security / admin reports? [message #202381] Thu, 09 November 2006 07:32 Go to next message
alastair_wood
Does anyone know if there any standard security / admin reports available for Disco administrators?

I'd like to be able to see who's created what reports, who they're shared with, who's got access to which business areas etc.

I'm an 11i Apps Sys Admin, just been handed Disco admin as well, so not too familiar as yet with the standard reports available.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Re: Security / admin reports? [message #202924 is a reply to message #202381] Mon, 13 November 2006 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alastair_wood
No replies as yet.

Does this mean there are no Disco admins out there who are able to view what reports they have or who they're shared with?
Re: Security / admin reports? [message #203021 is a reply to message #202924] Mon, 13 November 2006 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
What version of Discoverer do you work with?
Re: Security / admin reports? [message #203025 is a reply to message #202381] Mon, 13 November 2006 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alastair_wood
Desktop & Admin: Ver 4.1.47.09.00

Disco+ & Viewer: Ver 4.1.48

Thanks for any info

Re: Security / admin reports? [message #203234 is a reply to message #203025] Tue, 14 November 2006 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
For 4i, you can find a set of predefined administrator workbooks with the sources. All this (incl installation) is described in appendix B of the Administrator Guide.

Regards,
Sabine

PS it's better to synchronize the version of Adminstrator with the user edition and moreover, you could consider an upgrade, since 4i is desupported.
Re: Security / admin reports? [message #203284 is a reply to message #203025] Tue, 14 November 2006 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DiscoUser
Hi there,

There are bunch of tables that you can look at.
The business areas and workbooks are saved in the EUL-schema
The table names are like EUL4_% for 4i version and EUL5_% for later.

Some of the tables you can look at are

EUL4_BAS for business areas
EUL4_DOCUMENTS for workbooks
EUL4_ACESS_PRIVS for access info(sharing etc)
EUL4_EUL_USERS for users owning workbooks
Re: Security / admin reports? [message #203614 is a reply to message #203284] Wed, 15 November 2006 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiran_shri1
Try this and let me know if it works

select fr.responsibility_name,fr.description,bass.bussiness_area,admin_access,eu_name from fnd_responsibility_vl fr,
(select to_number(substr(eu.eu_username,2,5)) eu_name, ba.ba_name bussiness_area,ap.ap_priv_level admin_access
from eul_us.eul5_access_privs ap , eul_us.eul5_eul_users eu , eul_us.eul5_bas ba
where ap.ap_eu_id = eu.eu_id and ap.gba_ba_id = ba.ba_id
and eu.EU_CREATED_BY not like 'EUL_US') bass ---'ORACLE_APPS')
where responsibility_id =bass.eu_name
order by fr.responsibility_name

[Updated on: Wed, 15 November 2006 18:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Security / admin reports? [message #203755 is a reply to message #203614] Thu, 16 November 2006 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alastair_wood
Thanks for the replies.

@Kiran - I can't get your code to run, get an ORA-01722: invalid number error. Also looking at your code it's based on responsibility level access, we currently have Disco set up with reports and BAs being shared at user level. We will shortly be changing this to resp level but need to first identify which users have access to which reports and BAs.

@DiscoUser - have put together some SQL that identifies report names, report owners etc. but can't see how it's linked with shared reports? I need to see which reports and BAs are shared with users.

Any info appreciated.
Re: Security / admin reports? [message #203846 is a reply to message #203755] Thu, 16 November 2006 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Workbooks (EUL_DOCUMENTS in the EUL tables) are a bit tricky... The definition is in stored in a LOB, which can be read by EUL functions.

That's why I recommended the standard admin workbooks initially, because they use these functions (only way to figure out what they are, since they are not documented as far as I know).
Re: Security / admin reports? [message #204651 is a reply to message #203846] Tue, 21 November 2006 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alastair_wood
@Skooman, thanks for the replies.

I've checked the Disco admin manuals and it says BIS provides several workbooks, are these the ones you're referring to?

I've logged into Disco as Sys Admin with BIS Super User responsibilities but don't see any security reports.

How can I access the reports you're referring to, and what's the business area they run from?

Re: Security / admin reports? [message #204658 is a reply to message #204651] Tue, 21 November 2006 09:45 Go to previous message
skooman
I'm referring to the workbooks (and business area's) that come with the standard Discoverer 4i Administrator Edition.Installation comes down to running
<ORACLE HOME>\discvr4\sql\EUL4.sql, and then importing (in Discoverer Administrator) <ORACLE_HOME>\discvr4\EUL4.eex.

Like I said, it is in the manual, to be more precise, in this one:
http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/html/A86730_01/toc.htm

Previous Topic: Formulas not calculating NULL values in Oracle Financial Analyzer
Next Topic: Oracle to Crystal to Access or Excel even!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 17:10:29 CDT 2024