Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Problems to get a Discoverer sheet
Problems to get a Discoverer sheet [message #203004] Mon, 13 November 2006 08:51 Go to next message
mitch92
Hello,
I've got a problem to extract a result sheet we designed with Oracle Discoverer Plus. The kind of sheet we have is a simple list of customers, with the criterias "name of the local branch" and "date of the appointment".
When we have only 1 or 2 customers planned for one given date, we get the sheet quite quickly, but when for another given date we have planned for example 7 customers, the software keeps displaying the "sorting" message before displaying an error message. When we execute exactly the same query with another tool like TOAD, the 7 answers are displayed within seconds ...

How could I solve this problem ? Is it a bug linked with Oracle Discoverer ?
Re: Problems to get a Discoverer sheet [message #203020 is a reply to message #203004] Mon, 13 November 2006 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
What version of Discoverer are you working with?
Re: Problems to get a Discoverer sheet [message #203024 is a reply to message #203020] Mon, 13 November 2006 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mitch92
Discoverer Plus 9iAS
Re: Problems to get a Discoverer sheet [message #203240 is a reply to message #203024] Tue, 14 November 2006 07:30 Go to previous message
skooman
I'm a bit confused about the "sorting" message you mention, but still, the reason might be that the query prediction Discoverer uses is taking too long. You could disable it and see what happens:

For Discoverer Desktop, in the Windows registry, set the DWORD value of the KEY_CURRENT_USER Software Oracle Discoverer902 Database QPPEnable registry key to 0 (zero).

For the web edition, set the parameter QPPEnable=0.

Previous Topic: How to merg these 2 quries
Next Topic: sequence in report runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 16:38:16 CDT 2024