Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Paper Size Set Letter to A4
Paper Size Set Letter to A4 [message #205642] Sun, 26 November 2006 23:22 Go to next message
skkazmi
Hi All,

I m facing problem to define paper size, when printng the document. The printer by default print size in Letter Size format but i want to set that paper size to A4 without set page Setup in Oracle Report RunTime.

Becaz my report format is in landscape n whn i print the report the report margin is out of order & they cuts the printng area. The user must set the paper size (Chng Letter to A4) b4 report print & then report prints OK.

Is their any option to set programmatically the report by default printng paper size settng to A4. user not set paper size b4 printng.

Regards,
Khurram Kazmi
Re: Paper Size Set Letter to A4 [message #205943 is a reply to message #205642] Tue, 28 November 2006 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
javed.khan

Hi,
Theres One option in System parameter called Orientation you can Set it for Potarit or Landscape from there also after doing this Go to your Edit Margin in LayOut and Set Margin as it should exceed 25 Cms. Vertically and 18.5 Cm's Horizontally. You can Set your Report Display area and Header Footer Dispaly here.
Click On layout and it will drilled with three options header,margine and Trailer u also need to set those parameters
set it to (as i am Using A4) I used it to...

For Header,Margin and Trailer:
Width:21.59
Hight:27.94
Report Width:80
Reprt Hight:66

Let rest of the Thing as it is.
may be it will help you Out...Let me know...

Jak
Re: Paper Size Set Letter to A4 [message #206141 is a reply to message #205943] Tue, 28 November 2006 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skkazmi
Thks 4 reply,

i hv also used this option before but it didnt work 4 my desire issue.

Actually problem is that the default printer paper size setting is set in Letter format & i want to print specific report to A4 paper size.

i just want to know is their any option to set report paper size A4 programmatically or hv any command to resolve this issue.

Khurram Kazmi.
Re: Paper Size Set Letter to A4 [message #206173 is a reply to message #206141] Wed, 29 November 2006 01:00 Go to previous message
javed.khan

Khurram,

According to my Profecy we can only Make Changes to Orientation with
POTRAIT/LANDSCAP
In Befor Report
----------------------------------------
function BeforePForm return boolean is
begin
:orientation:='Potrait';
return (TRUE);
----------------------------------------
end;and not in Layout What you mentioned seems regarding Layout Changing Dynamically in Runtime which is Not Possible as far as I concern. If got any Solution do tell me also.

Thabks & Regards
Javed A. Khan
Previous Topic: Oracle Report Printing Authorization Problem
Next Topic: custom fonts in Oracle Reports 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 17:28:33 CDT 2024