Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Euro Sign
Euro Sign [message #207642] Wed, 06 December 2006 07:01 Go to next message
Safeeq.S

Hi,

I have a table called po_vendors where one of the supplier name looks like 'A HOGGARTH & SONS ¤' (ie supplier name with euro sign) which is not getting displayed/printed properly.

The supplier is getting displayed as 'A HOGGARTH & SONS ¿'. The SQL query also returns me the same kind of result, instead of euro sign '¿' is getting printed.

select vendor_name
from po_vendors
where vendor_name like 'A HOGG%'

Have any one has overcome a similar scenario, your help will be highly appreciated in this.

Thanks
Safeeq

Re: Euro Sign [message #207935 is a reply to message #207642] Thu, 07 December 2006 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
Hi safeeq,

in my keyboard there is no Euro sign so I can't try so very sorry ...

Ashu
Re: Euro Sign [message #207971 is a reply to message #207935] Thu, 07 December 2006 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Safeeq.S

Hi Ashu,

If you would need to try some work around, you can just copy/paste the euro sign from the vendor name 'A HOGGARTH & SONS ¤' as you dont have a euro sign in your key-board.

Alternatively , activate your number lock and you can use 'Alt+0128' to type/get an euro sign.

Thanks
Safeeq
Re: Euro Sign [message #207991 is a reply to message #207971] Thu, 07 December 2006 13:06 Go to previous message
ab_trivedi
hi safeeq,

ok I tried what u have suggested me but the problem is that euro sign did not get entered in the table so it is not giving euro as output i am giving u the example :

Quote:
SQL> insert into euro values('Ashutosh SONS ¤');

1 row created.

SQL> commit;

Commit complete.

SQL> insert into euro values('As?+Ts§+{¦');

1 row created.

SQL> commit;

Commit complete.

When i run the report Output for 'As?+Ts§+{¦' is coming correct but for Ashutosh Sons 'a dark rectangle' is not coming correct .

As Euro is printing in
Quote:
Ashutosh Sons ¤
it is not storing in same fasion .

Ashu
Previous Topic: hi
Next Topic: calling report within report (d2k 6i)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:50:19 CDT 2024