Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Finding RDF files in UNIX
icon5.gif  Finding RDF files in UNIX [message #208977] Tue, 12 December 2006 15:48 Go to next message
rulerz
Hi,
I am new to oracle reports. I am supposed to modify some existing reports at the client's place. My question is are we supposed to browse by ourselves to get to the reports or is the DBA supposed to inform us about the path to the rdf files...like a few are in custom while a few are in gl top.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Re: Finding RDF files in UNIX [message #209202 is a reply to message #208977] Wed, 13 December 2006 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What does a DBA have to do with a place YOU (as a developer) store your reports?

Actually, on a second thought, I believe you and DBA should not act as enemies. It is perfectly normal for both of you to cooperate and help each other. What is a reason for such an attitude towards your DBA?
Re: Finding RDF files in UNIX [message #209658 is a reply to message #209202] Sat, 16 December 2006 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
hi LF,

your sense of humour is alos very nice. By the way OP has asked

Quote:
My question is are we supposed to browse by ourselves to get to the reports or is the DBA supposed to inform us about the path to the rdf files.

SO my dear friend who else do you work just search all the .rdf which are required for the project and compile them and place .rep /bin folder.

Bye
Ashu
Re: Finding RDF files in UNIX [message #216505 is a reply to message #208977] Sun, 28 January 2007 23:35 Go to previous message
excel321
To modify an existing report and make a custom report, follow the following steps

1. Go the Sys Admin -> Concurrent -> Program and query the name of the report that you want to modify
2. From that window find the name of the executable that is attached to the report
3. Go to Concurrent -> Executable and query the executable name to find the RDF file that corresponds to the existing report.
4. Use telnet or ssh to go the unix installation of Or-Apps and copy the rdf file from the specific TOP dir and paste it to the Custom Top folder
5. Make changes, register new report and you are done!
Previous Topic: ora-24909 call in progress
Next Topic: Output Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:38:42 CDT 2024