Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » how to generate reports dynamically (user-parameter)
icon1.gif  how to generate reports dynamically (user-parameter) [message #213104] Tue, 09 January 2007 08:51 Go to next message
lunate

hi ,
dears i m new to oracle reports .
can someone help me .
i want to generate a sample report.
i create a data block in form 6i. as
>conn scott/tiger
> data block 'DEPT'-- OF DEPT TABLE.
> then put a button in an control block 'cb'.
put a code in its 'when-button-pressed':

RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS,'C:\DEPT.RDF',SYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM, :DEPTNO,NULL);> also generte a report using query 'select deptno,dname,loc from dept' before doing this and save it.OK.

i want to generate a report dynamically as "each time i select "deptno" or insert a "deptno" into the "deptno" field , then a report generate having compelete detail of that particular "deptno" ( including deptno,dname,loc).

can someone help me to do this ?

because i donot know "how to set the properties of user-parameters in data module of report"

please help me. or can someone has sample-example.?

regards.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 January 2007 08:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to generate reports dynamically (user-parameter) [message #213351 is a reply to message #213104] Wed, 10 January 2007 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
hi,

i think instead of dept.rdf you have to write the .rep extension. that way you could solve your problem.

Bye
Ashu
how to generate reports dynamically (user-parameter) [message #215259 is a reply to message #213104] Sat, 20 January 2007 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tanwanichandan

hey friend

click on user parameter
click on + sign left side tool of ur report

give name dept no that is given in ur query

now, when u run report, every time it will ask dept_no.

so it will be done.

bye
fun oracle
chandan

Re: how to generate reports dynamically (user-parameter) [message #216862 is a reply to message #215259] Tue, 30 January 2007 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lunate

hi,

dear friend ,i did so but it is generating a blank report .
would u please send me some sample code which is easy to understand.

thanx in advance.

regards.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 January 2007 13:55]

Report message to a moderator

icon2.gif  Re: how to generate reports dynamically (user-parameter) [message #217336 is a reply to message #216862] Thu, 01 February 2007 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chmlaeeque
hay try this, first create a new report with this query

select deptno,dname,loc from dept where deptno = :dept

the user parameter will be created and ask for the option click YES/Ok , then go to the user-parameter form page and Right-click and press ok with out doing any change you will view the parameter form page layout, set its properties as its field dataype rather character or numeric and size. then run the report hope it will help you , if not then plz explain your question again and attach the report so we can c and set it for you.
M. Laeeque
Re: how to generate reports dynamically (user-parameter) [message #217366 is a reply to message #217336] Thu, 01 February 2007 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
@Laeeque - OP wants the report to be run from the form.
Ashu
icon2.gif  Re: how to generate reports dynamically (user-parameter) [message #218091 is a reply to message #217366] Tue, 06 February 2007 15:07 Go to previous message
chmlaeeque
DECLARE
pl_id ParamList;
BEGIN
pl_id := Get_Parameter_List('tmpdata');
IF NOT Id_Null(pl_id) THEN
Destroy_Parameter_List( pl_id );
END IF;
pl_id := Create_Parameter_List('tmpdata');
run_product(reports,'Report_name',synchronous,runtinme,filesystem,pl_id,");
end
Previous Topic: Report for Value Sets
Next Topic: HOW TO HANDLE EXCEPTIONS IN REPORTS?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:31:55 CDT 2024