Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Parameterising a report based on user access
Parameterising a report based on user access [message #213381] Wed, 10 January 2007 09:01 Go to next message
Anand Ramaswamy
Hi All,
I have a view called viewA and I have created a folder in EUL based on this view.
I have created a worksheet based on this folder. This view has got a field called userid, can I use the login info of discoverer and supply this value as a parameter to the view so that it shows only the records pertaining to that user.

For example:
If user A logins in it should execute the view
select * from viewA where userid='A' and show the contents pertaining to user A only. Similary if user B logins it should execute select * from viewA where userid='B' and show the contents pertaining to user B only.

Is it possible to do this in discover?

Thanks
qA
Re: Parameterising a report based on user access [message #213396 is a reply to message #213381] Wed, 10 January 2007 10:07 Go to previous message
skooman
Anand,

Normally, you would use the Discoverer function USER, it's under the calculations, functions.

But you're working in Apps (based on your other post), so the user logged on to Discoverer is actually the Apps user (with responsibility) and not the database user (which shows when using USER). I assume you have some column like created_by_loging or updated_by_login in the table too (if it's an apps table, as I assume). You would have to compare that to the apps user logged on. There is a FND function in Apps that will do that for you (sorry, can't bring myself to looking it up right now, don't have an apps environment available), so you'll have to register that function in the EUL, make it available for the user edition and use that instead of the "regular" USER function.

Regards,
Sabine
Previous Topic: Slow Discoverer Reports
Next Topic: Setting Up List Of Values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 04:24:07 CDT 2024